Thread: Your First Conscious Projection

Blog Entries

Your First Conscious Projection

This thread was born of a need for inexperienced projectors to know what to expect from a conscious projection, since sometimes symptoms are so pronounced and scary that they may mistake them for other negative activity.
    I've been spontaneously projecting since I was (rather) young, and had almost no projection symptoms, due to the fact that I was asleep while separating, and would find myself already out of my body in my bedroom, or sometimes was pulled out by entities in which the momentary separation wasn't remembered.
    When I attempted to project was the first time I had sensations, luckily light, and when I finally learned to project consciously, is when I experienced all the sensations (not all at once, but sometimes one, sometimes another) that I'll describe.
    Please note that these are in the AD-Pedia, under Fear, Unwanted Projection Symptoms, and Vibrations, and Noises.

I will attempt to catalogue them as they happen:
    Hypnagogia- Visual and Auditory images, in the preprojection stages. They can be like flashes from a dream, to a vision screen, (sort of like movie 'flashbacks'.) They come on suddenly, and dissappear just as quickly, making you wonder if you really saw a face looking at you. They can be faces, people, scenery, or vignettes- I often see a drop falling on water causing ripples. Others have other repetitive ones too. These are caused by the brain turning on the 'dreaming mechanism' that usually happens when you are asleep.

Seeing Through the Eyelids- I differentiate this from hypnagogia, because the scene is invariable that of the room in which you are, as if you were indeed seeing through the eyelids, as opposed to images floating through your visual field. Sometimes, not often, the vantage might differ a teensy bit from where you're sitting/laying, as if your energy body had migrated a little from your physical body. This is why I attribute it to a projection without separation, the sudden intake of information from your energy body in a visual way. It usually happens in a trance, but it doesn't have to be heavy.

Noises: Voices, sometimes tinny, sometimes natural sounding, both genders, electricky noises, snaps, pops, crackles (hee hee) Creepy laughter, Shouts (Like: "NO!") rat-tat-tats, sounds like a machine gun or lawnmower (I'd say old electric typewriter but all you young'uns wouldn't know that one). A whooshing sound, like you're in the middle of a hurricane, roaring, screaming. This can be caused by the same mechanism as the visuals, and it is thought it can also be feedback from the energy body perceived as sound. It could also be amplified environmental sounds, and finally, the same mechanism that causes vibrations- the shifting of perception from the corporeal to the incorporeal.

Vibrations: These can be light, like buzzing, or heavy, like getting electrocuted. These are usually accompanied by sounds, which usually match the frequency of the sensation. They can feel like a wave going up and down your body, sometimes a bit 'off' your body. No one really knows why they happen- I have heard that they resemble epileptic symptoms (which would imo indicate shift of freq. in brain activity) or perhaps a shift of consciousness from the physical body to one of your energy bodies, the freq. indicating the magnitude of the shift. Of course this is all speculative. I usually try the rope method to exit when I have vibrations, especially if they're strong.

Chest sensations: Heart chakra strobe: Usually accompanying the ratatat noises, a feeling of energy coming from the chest area, (as if the lawnmower were actually on your chest) sometimes a pillar of energy will be seen coming from your chest before separation.

"Rocking movement" Right before separation, an indication that a consciousness shift has already occurred. A back and forth or side to side movement, like a dizzy spell, but instead of everything going round and round, everything going back and forth. When this happens, I use it to 'launch myself out'. I also call them 'end stage vibrations'. My favorite exit symptom.

"Forward sensation"- Similar to rocking, but feels like you're just going forward, like in a vehicle (sortof). To me it indicates I've shifted also, and I get out by 'going with it' as in bodysurfing.

Dweller type of experience- When you have separated but haven't shifted consciousness yet, and you are sensing with your physical body, you will perceive your energy body, interpret it as a threat, feel fear, and it will respond to your fear by becoming what you're afraid of. It can be anything from a 'monster', 'intruder' or whatever else you've thought about that can cause fear. This is also known as "Old Hag", and nowadays "Alien Visitation". For some mysterious reason that I've never figured out, a lot of these dwellers have glowy red eyes. Why? Maybe some kind of evolutionary thing (fear of nocturnal animals) archetypal in nature. But, this is just a guess.
    This usually happens when paralyzed, most of the time when you wake up from having been asleep, but sometimes can happen after a brief clickout. I don't recall ever experiencing a dweller when going to sleep, although the paralysis and other symptoms have happened going in.
    ps. I'm not saying that negs can't be the cause of the last one- but the Dweller explanation is the most likely, because of the next thing:
    The way to get rid of a 'Dweller on the Threshold" is to get away from your physical body. I know it's hard, feeling vulnerable like that, but if you do it and it doesn't follow, you know that it was the feedback mechanism causing this.

These are the ones I can think of at the moment. Please feel free to add to this list.

Keywords: Dweller as feedback
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 3rd September 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added missing item
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I would add a couple of things. Instead of the "rocking" motion, I often get what I call energy body loosening. It feels like you are still inside your physical body, but separated, and kind of bouncing gently around.

With the "heart chakra strobe", it can feel differently every time. Sometimes it's a pounding feeling, like your physical heart after you've run until you're out of breath. It can also feel like it's increased in size and is taking up the space in your entire chest. It can feel very, very much like your physical heart just beating a little stronger than normal, which it just might be. I usually take my pulse, and when it's offbeat, I know it's not my physical heart. You can also have pounding of your physical heart, which is usually due to the excitement or fear when starting to exit.

With hypnagogia, I often get what looks like parchment scrolls with hieroglyphics moving across my vision. I once asked Robert what this was, and he says he also gets it, but has no idea what it means.

The forward sensation can also be a backwards falling sensation. The what seems to be universal dream that you are falling down a well actually is either an energy body separation or a return. I sometimes get it with both. I don't know about anybody else, but when I was a child, there was a saying that if you land from a falling dream that you will die. Well, I haven't died yet.

During an exit, you can also sometimes see a tunnel, a vortex, or a crack in the dark behind your eyes. Sensations of falling, moving very fast, or traveling through a tunnel is a kind of bridge between physical and astral.

Ok, sorry, that was more than a couple of things.

Astral_Ace Guest
    Although I have yet to project conciously, I often experience varying sensations from projection attempt to projection attempt.

Sometimes I experience vertigo or rotating(clock-wise) sensations and heart chakra activity, other times I will experience mild vibrations and energetic sensations. Im my experience and what I have read from these forums this shows that everyone is different and what some may experience others may or may not and with varying degrees of strength.

Obviously it's good to identify what you experience during AP attempts so you know when to "launch" yourself OOB.

-Astral_Ace

Blog Entries
    And also to not be surprised/scared when what you have been working so hard to achieve happens. Many times projectors have aborted them because they were frightened, which can cause the projection reflex to 'reprogram itself' not to happen.
    So if you know that some weird stuff is going to happen, chances are you won't be too startled to launch off.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 19th October 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I think the idea of "conscious" projection should be explained. Everyone projects, every night. When you are attempting OBE, what you are really doing is working on remembering it. With more and more practice, you start remembering more. You aren't getting better at OBE, you are getting better at downloading the memory.

Well, I take some of that back. If you are consciously doing it from say, a meditative state, rather than from the natural sleep projection, you are doing two things. First, you are creating a scenario where you are projecting from a very awake situation, and secondly, you are still trying to download (remember) the exit and what happens in the astral.

"Click out" is a term invented by Robert Monroe that describes the experience of either projecting and then falling asleep, or, projecting, loosing memory (awareness), and then you're back (awake), but in the astral. I don't think "asleep" is really the right term to describe it, but that's what it feels like.

Blog Entries

Re: Your First Conscious Projection

One more symptom that E1B mentioned, and I also have experienced- microscopic or very close up vision. Like looking at a single blade of grass from the point of view of an ant, looking at the wall (or floor) from really close up. This is a form of 'seeing through the eyelids', and IMO a little different than hypnagogics.