Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: energy work for beautiful appearance

Flash_hound Guest
    @hasalameth

Energy work moving energy and allowing you to operate better = Increased blood flow to surface of skin = darker looking skin?

@Tom

That's awesome. Spicy foods are good for your heart too.

Blog Entries
    Flash hound, if the reason for the hypertension is arterial hypertension, which is usually (> 90%) the case, it is not related to the heart.

Tom - I see you practise, but you say you don't? BTW, I did not mean the 5 Tibetans are not effective, I just wondered what made you so sure.

The Chinese believe that the Liver / Wood element plays a major role in hypertension. Are you getting angry easily? You might consider adding an exercise especially for the liver or do energy work on the liver or the liver channels and balance the energy there out.

As I do not know specifically about the 5 Tibetans I assume they try to do it all. so a bit extra emphasis on the Liver / Wood Element could help.

I take medication against my hypertension, but it is not as severe, so the medicine has not much adverse effects. The hypertension eased with Qigong as well, but I am not completely sure about this, so I continue taking medication.

Oliver

Zak Guest
    Those 5 Tibetan rites looked like a mix of some asic yoga and qi-gong exercises. Why not do yoga every morning or the equivalent?

Blog Entries
    Why not stay with what one knows if it actually proved to be efficient and helpful?

Oliver

Yes, I do still find myself getting angry easily and often. Far more often than I would like to. It isn't as bad as it used to be by far. There was a time when I would get violently ill and be barely able to get out of bed within three days of losing my temper. It seemed like I had to learn to realize when I was getting started about something and make up my mind about whether it was going to be worth the price. I still have a tendency toward anger, but compared to then I'm completely cured.

The 5 Rites don't take long to do and they make a good warmup exercise for your "real" yoga, chi kung, or meditation.

What I meant was that I need to get into the habit of doing them every day for longer than two weeks at a time.

Blog Entries
    Another point for TCM/Five Elements Theory!

Sorry, but I myself disbelieved this stuff for so long, and then I have been given multiple samples recently that it worked, through personal experience and that of others. Guess those Chinese doctors were not wrong all those hundreds of years after all...

So basically these Five Tibetans I until now have only heard about work fine for you. That's good. They look like they take a bit of quite effort and stretchiness though? The web version I was viewing at http://www.entspannungswelten.ch/fuenf_tibeter-69.htm looks not easy to do to me. Like yoga asanas, IIRC.

Oliver

Flash_hound Guest
    Korpo I too buy into the TCM, or 5 elemental theory. Not to go off topic, but where did you find out about it from?

Try this site - it includes both warm up exercises (everyone knows you should/must do warm ups before you start exercises, right?) as well as simpler versions of the 5 so you can build up to doing the full versions if your condition doesn't allow you to try them immediately
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash_hound
    Korpo I too buy into the TCM, or 5 elemental theory. Not to go off topic, but where did you find out about it from?
    Mainly Qigong books from different kinds - medical, Taoist/spiritual and martial arts. It's mainly piecemeal, but if suffises - for me. I mainly use the association organs and emotions and outer symptoms to diagnose myself, then try to clean up the particular organ and its associated channels for quick ease.

Oliver

stargazer Guest
    lightworker,

Energy work has helped with clearing complexion and giving a more ruddy, healthy appearance... plus nothing so beautiful as one's inner glow.

Oh and I lost 5-10lbs the first month I started major NEW work. Coincidence maybe but I hadn't altered my routines any.