Hi there,

I've been following MAP and I am up to the first week in section 2 "liftoff" I've actually focused on this week for the past 3 weeks as I feel I keep falling asleep during trance meditation or due to lack of focus - I feel I'm not ready to move forward just yet.

Anyway, last night I meditated for about 1 hour (10:30pm - 11:30pm). Night time is the only time I have spare due to other commitments. Although I could hear noises around me (fish tank water, pet bird etc...) I kept 'blinking out' and loosing track of time. I eventually woke up after an hour because I had pins and needles in my arms (which were resting on the arm rests of my chair). I felt disappointed that I had probably fallen asleep again and went to bed.

I was lying on my tummy for a couple of minutes (not sure how long) before I felt an incredible swirling sensation around the axis of my body. I could also 'sense' the vibrations that I've read so much about rather than hear them. The swirling sensation increased before finally after probably less than a minute it all stopped and I woke up. During this time I was attempting the rope technique. I usually imagine a rope tied around the moon and I am slowly climbing up it. When I woke, I was pretty tired and some part of me feels this was more of a dream than an actual conscious experience. I was only awake for a few seconds before I went back to sleep, though I think waking up was key to me remembering the experience. Unfortunately, it's all a bit blurry. I hope to replicate it sometime soon and follow through!

Is it possible to have OBEs induced while lying on your tummy? All the literature I've read indicates it is best to lie on your back - though I've never had success with this and find lying on my back uncomfortable for long periods. Have many people exited whilst lying face down?

Anyway...I've been trying to AP for a number of months now and this is probably my first real experience I've had so far...

Cheers!