Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Siddhis from 5th Chakra and Abilities from Other Chakras?

WanderingNomad Guest

Siddhis from 5th Chakra and Abilities from Other Chakras?

As the title alludes to, I was once reading a Yoga website that said that Siddhis or "powers" come from the fifth chakra, but as we all know the 6th chakra and heart have their own abilities. I had found numerous sites that mentioned that there were 10 Siddhis, ranging from the ability to not eat for long periods of time to mastery of movement through space etc etc. So which is it ? Is it only those 10 siddhis that come from the 5th chakra and everything else comes from the others ? Why is the 5th chakra so important for all that stuff while the other chakras are mostly known for having 2 or 3 abilities...

Thanks

Since you are reading about Yoga you are probably familiar with the exercises to draw energy - prana - from the air and store it in the body: pranayama. Try breathing without stimulating your fifth chakra, as in, without involving your throat. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

According to Lama Yeshe, a famous Buddhist teacher, in his book "The Bliss of Inner Fire" if you want to use psychic abilities or siddhis you should focus on the navel chakra. It is a lot like saying that using the NEW system you store energy in the subnavel storage center so that when you want to use your abilities later you will have the spare energy available to draw from.

All seven primary chakras have siddhis associated with them. The base chakra is related to the element earth. The second chakra goes with water. The third goes with fire. The fourth with air. The fifth with space / ether. I've seen extensions of this which assign thought to the third eye and Light to the crown chakra. If you'd like a rapid yet balanced approach to activating the siddhis through the main chakras, repeat the mantra "On Namah Shivaya" a couple of thousand times every day for a few months. It is the mantra of Shiva, as it sounds like, and it activates the elements within the primary chakras. When you master the elements within yourself, at the same time you gain mastery over them in your environment. If you are wondering, no ... those mantra repetitions are not as easy as they sound. In a couple of days if not weeks you will probably stop doing it.

WanderingNomad Guest

Thanks

I already tried it for a few days, far too short a time but its definitely interesting, the first mantra I ever saw that was supposed to balance everything. I gotta ask though do mantras cause specific colors to appear in your aura or thoughts in general ? I was practicing this one day and couldn't help thinking of the color pink all around me....

Rayson Guest
    Tom- I like the feel of that mantra as it vibrates within me, however I don't normally chant something repeatedly without knowing what it means. Do you have any info along those lines?

The "Om" is for the third eye and the "Namah Shivaya" part is for chakras 1-5. Chakra #7 is brought into balance and activated by #6.

Seeing colors is nothing to worry about. Pink is often associated with the heart chakra, even though its color is green. The heart chakra can also have violet and gold associated with it.

My favorite song (you might have seen me link to it before) for the Shiva mantra is here ... http://www.box.net/shared/static/ns9fyvcjgh.mp3 ... it has a lot of words to it that I can't quite catch.

As has been recently explained to me several times, a lot of mantras are little more than the name of someone - in this case, Lord Shiva - to ask for help. It is like when someone says your name: it gets your attention. Where you direct your attention, energy flows also. I'm sure you would definitely be listening if someone called out your name thousands of times every day for months or years. The "Namah" is there to make it respectful, and I suspect the ending "-ya" on Shiva's name is either grammatically correct as an ending to indicate that you are speaking to Shiva, rather than that Shiva is speaking. Either that or it is another honorific. Om doesn't really translate at all well. Chanting it tends to raise the quality of the energy in the area around you. I have read that it is the shortest name for God, if that helps, or for all the energy of the universe if you prefer. Mantras don't tend to be translated; their meaning is their energetic effects.

Rayson Guest
    I sorta stumbled onto this on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Namah_Sivaya

Tom- I downloaded that mp3 you linked here. I've really been enjoying it. Thank you.

That is a much clearer explanation for "Om Nama Shivaya" than I could recollect. Thanks for linking to it.

Rayson Guest
    No problem! It's very cool stuff. Thank you again for sharing it with us.

WanderingNomad Guest

So helpful

Ya it is definitely a helpful mantra, now... though I have a new problem/annoyance.. between this mantra, making psi balls every other day for at least 30 minutes, the middle pillar meditation almost every single day, my 6th chakra feels like its going to explode like a balloon ! It isn't painful and I can still concentrate but I'm way to calm even for me. Obviously it was stimulated before the mantra... but is it possible I'm pronouncing the the first part right and missing something on the others ? It is.. Aum Num ha Shi why right ? I can still feel my other chakras when doing this, but the 5th and 6th have been growing thicker and stronger ever since Monday. With the 5th chakra , the front and back of my neck are on like a light house more strongly than it has ever been before. I thought that maybe that is because I'm well chanting and it uses my voice.... so made sense that the 5th chakra should do something......

To give a better idea of how I say it, if that matters......

Auuum Nuum haa Shi whyyyy

I have done that for 30-40 minutes before having to get up and do something because well I start feeling like my body is vibrating and I'm dizzy but sitting still and strangely enough it may sound weird, but I feel like I'm in my body sideways ? like I'm facing the wrong direction even though I'm still sitting in the chair and am not moving.

How many minutes do you do it for ?

Maybe I forgot to tell you ... anyway ...

It is 6 distinct syllables:

Om
    Nah
    Mah
    Shi (Shee)
    Va (vai)
    Yah

I'm told that the general rule is 125,000 repetitions per syllable and then you are done. Plan on 1,500,000 repetitions and it starts to make sense that you are going to want to do several thousand every day. There will be side effects and many of them will be uncomfortable, as you may have noticed, but keep going anyway and have faith that the end result will be worth it. You will probably end up wanting to do more ... that 1,500,000 is somewhat of a minimum. It doesn't take long to say "Om Namah Shivaya" however, so it is not as bad as it sounds. This is why it is helpful to have a mala - 108 beads on a string - to help you keep count.