This is a cute little something I'd like to share.

I had a strange experience a few months back. I had been having a relationship via the internet for about a year before I flew out to see him. The flight wasn't just a vacation - we decided to live together and see if we could make it work in person.

The strange experience (and where the title comes from) is that we'd been together for a year all but physically. After a year in a relationship, the rose-tinted glasses start to come off (or have come off already) and a deeper level of love and comfort shows through.

We were in the comfortable stage when I flew out to see him. The thing about meeting physically is that, while we'd achieved a certain level of calm, comfortable love, I found myself developing a crush on him. Once again, I had butterflies in my stomach, often blushed when he came near, and even got into the "well, what if he..." line of questions a few times.

For a few weeks, I was caught between the lovestruck, "crushing" teenager, and long-term relationship woman. He didn't seem to notice, though.

For the first time in my life, I was deeply in love - twice over. It was certainly interesting, unique experience.