Thread: How specific should we be with energy work?

Jonestown Guest

How specific should we be with energy work?

Is it important to stimulate each center every time you do energy work? I know this is an over asked question, but the reason I am asking it is because as I have gotten better at energy work, I have found that it takes too much time to do for example in between each toe, and than the knuckles, and so on. I wanted a faster way of doing it. I have developed some visualisation techniques that work for me, and I am wondering if it is ok to use them. One techniqe that has really worked well is I imagine I am stepping down into a swimming pool. the energy flows to any area that is under water. Am I understimulating areas like my toes? Is this an acceptable method?

Blog Entries
    There are two ways of refinement for energy work, and both have their specific merit:

When you develop a skill sufficiently you can apply it by code word, willing it or a fitting visualisation. The fine detail is trained into the process and will "be taken care of". Like a seasoned violinist does no longer need to pay attention to how he holds the bow.

On the other side this is a chance to go into deeper detail, on a deeper and deeper level, and that takes longer and longer. By loosening the remaining fine points that block up structures the surrounding areas become healthier and fitter, and you body awareness finer and more subtle. More subtle awareness combined with a calm and relaxed nervous system are your entry points into energy meditation, where you access the subtle energies of your higher energy bodies.

So: Visualisation like you said can be done for gross maintenance. And for learning refined skills detail is important, too.

Good progress!
    Oliver

Blog Entries
    In MAP Robert Bruce says that such detailed work (every knuckle in the toe, and so forth) is not necessary every time you do energy work- just in the begnning, and when you get familiarized with it, you can do it without the detail (unless you're working on a specific block). So no, you don't have to be that detailed all the time, but you should have a pretty all-encompassing sweep of your whole body (and that is my opinion) every time. And if you don't want to stimulate chakras individually, do energy raising, which activates them anyway.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The stimulation of each energy center has two purposes. The first is for development (to increase the energy handling capability of the centers). The second is to avoid trying to (over) use centers that are closed or blocked. Doing so runs the risk of causing (further) trauma.

As a side effect, explicit stimulation tends to bring the centers more in balance. For most things, energy work tends to be more effective when the centers are balanced (similar energy levels).

In practical terms this means you should have your energy centers functioning properly before exercising them. There are many techniques for doing so. The more experience you have the shorter the routine necessary to get them all functioning. If you are very healthy and skilled, little more than intent is required to do this. Even so, a quick check is recommended to avoid nasty surprises.

-----------

As a point of quick self defense, I would recommend learning to activate a couple of simple defenses very quickly. For instance, pumping energy into your hands to form a mini energy shield can be extremely quick. This particular technique does not draw energy from all the centers. Thus it only requires a few centers to be fully active at the time. Waiting until every center was active might be too late.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries
    wstein wrote:
    As a point of quick self defense, I would recommend learning to activate a couple of simple defenses very quickly. For instance, pumping energy into your hands to form a mini energy shield can be extremely quick. This particular technique does not draw energy from all the centers. Thus it only requires a few centers to be fully active at the time. Waiting until every center was active might be too late.
    Interestingly, when I was being abducted, I learned that sponging my legs would stop the process immediately. It made the perps change tactics, but it broke a pattern giving me the power at the time, and it removed the fear. So I also advocate energy work for self defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Interestingly, when I was being abducted, I learned that sponging my legs would stop the process immediately. It made the perps change tactics, but it broke a pattern giving me the power at the time, and it removed the fear. So I also advocate energy work for self defense.
    This is quite interesting - did you share this before?

Oliver

Blog Entries
    When I first came to this forum was to try to explain wtf was happening to me. I went from thinking I was crazy to thinking I was being abducted by aliens. Even my hubby started to have freaky dreams about it, and for the longest time we wondered if it was really happening, or my 'unhingement' was affecting him too. I started reading Whitley Strieber's website to see if my experiences had any similarity to his. At some point I realized that it was connected to AP (which I have always done spontaneously, but not deliberately) when Whitley had Robert Bruce in his dreamland show. They briefly discussed astral abductions, and a light went off in my head- so I found both the Pulse looking for Robert, and someone mentioned AD in it, and I ended up here. I found Flew, who was describing similar experiences (hers are worse than mine, btw) but she helped give me info about it and introduced me to PSD and AP. I decided that I was going to learn to fight back, and started using countermeasures that worked for some time. Then when I decided to learn to project at will and started doing MAP, sponging was something that I really enjoyed at first, and did a lot of it. When the abductions started again (I can describe them in another thread if you'd like, it's not really something I've done, except at first, when I was looking for info) I automatically started sponging my legs, and guess what? It stopped the perp. Of course, it changed it's method to the 'direct way', which was scary at first but actually more empowering for me, and it tried maybe 2 more times, when I really stopped it. So here is how sponging helped me.
    ps. I feel I'm derailing this thread- if someone wants to continue this, we can do it in another forum section, like the PSD.