Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What was your first-ever remembered dream?

sono Guest

What was your first-ever remembered dream?

I was wondering if anyone would like to share the first dream they can recall having had as a small child?

Mine was of a Victorian-dressed wolf knocking at the front door with a basket of wooden clothes pegs for sale. I was terrified & climbed onto the dining table where my mother was sewing; I could still see the wolf through the window, grinning at me - but my mohter just kept on at her sewing-machine. . . . I've never forgotten that wolf!

snick Guest
    I think mine was of a blue disembodied hand that lived in the toilet. It was a recurring dream. In the dream I would be walking around the house and hear something in the bathroom. Investigating what I heard this blue hand would crawl out of it's home (the toilet) and chase me around the house. It was terrifying at the time

Blog Entries
    I think it was this nightmare - I was trapped on a ghostship about to sink. It was old and rotten. Everything was in a sickly, ghostly green, the whole scene, like the light was green, the ship was brownish-dark, no sky, only clouds.

I heard a wailing from the hold, it freaked me out.

Soap foam was creeping up the ship, converting everything it touched to soap.

* shudder *

Oliver

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure mine was 'fish swimming in the air' around me in my crib. My mother informs me there was a fish mobile on top of my crib, which kind of explains it, since we didn't have a fish tank in the house, and I still sometimes dream of fish swimming through the air at night. It is a joyful dream. I probably really liked them.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Korpo and Snick: Dudes!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Yes, ma'am?

I have had funnier dreams - one involving the main characters of M.A.S.H. at a dinner party right in the local Woolworth's clothes department, but they are surely not my first ones.

It is funny sitting next to HawkEye, I say.

Oliver

Rain, iF Guest
    Mine was something along the lines of me playing with legos and flying around in a little basket with a helicopter blade on top in my cousins 2nd grade music room. Then suddenly I would be in my livingroom (at the time) and then a jeep came crashing into my livingroom and the headlights would turn on really brightly, and it always woke me up. (recurring dream) and the headlights always ended up being my mom turning on the light to wake me up.

That was most certainly not my first dream but it's the first one I remember. Hahaha.

hasalameth Guest
    I've had so freaky dreams that word usually cannot explain them, but there are two dreams (one is/was a recurring nightmare) that I remember vividly...

The recurring nightmare-ish one is short, simple yet super terrifying - I am sitting in the sofa in my childhood home, mindng my own business, watching TV or something, and my mother comes from a far away part of the house, and walks into a room just next to the livingroom where I sit. I don't really care of course. After a while there is another mother that comes from another part of the house and walks up in front of me, looking all robotish / mindless zombie-ish and just stands there watching me. I know something bad is about to happen, I know either this one standing in front of me, or the first version of my mom is a clone, a ghost or some other form of evil copy. Just when I think this thought, the first mom comes back and stands right next to the 2nd one. I can't move or shout, I am too scared. Then a third mom comes from another part of the house and the three of them stand in front of me and just look at me with cold, evil eyes and faces, and then, as if on cue, they start closing in on me, I have nowhere to go or run, and they start - tickling me. I know it sounds silly, but when you're five years old and being tickled to death by three evil clones of your mother, it freaks you out!

the other one is when I was sitting in the sandbox near my house, all alone, and a huge owl comes and lifts me up, flies me up high and then lets go of me, and we fly together watching down on my neighbourhood (it was in incredible detail!) and when we pass over my house, I all of a sudden lose the flight ability and see and feel myself falling through all the floors in my house until I land in my sleeping body, waking up with a strong jerk, and since I was sleeping in a water bed, the waves that came from me jerking made me think that I had been flying for real, so for years I thought I had been out flying that day, that was how vivid it all felt. now I actually think this was a childhood SOBE.

psych the first dream if you dare!

snick Guest
    Strange... We seem to have a theme going here that most first remembered dreams are nightmarish (except for CFT, probably because she's so sweet ).

hasalameth Guest
    makes sense, the memory marks all the stuff with fear in it, I guess it's a survival thing. but except for that nightmare and some similar, I almost never have nor have had any nightmares at all.