Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Repeating themes

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    A while back I was reading the book Seth Speaks which goes into this concept -- scattering shorter periods of sleep rather than getting all your sleep in one big block of time every night. According to the book, one can feel more rested doing that and getting 5-6 hrs in a day, rather than 8 all at once. Its said to really boost ones dream recall, and help to bring out one's natural psi abilities. Some of the reasoning has to do with the fact that this is more "natural"; animals don't schedule specific times to sleep or eat; they eat when they're hungry and sleep when they're tired.

I haven't adopted this as a lifestyle myself and thus can't completely vouch for it personally, but IMO it makes some sense. The times that I've slept like this for a day or two, I've often had more than average recall. I've also had a lot of mornings where I'll wake up after about 4 hours thinking its time to get up since I feel good and rested, but I'll realize I have a few more hours, go back to sleep... and wake up more tired than before. So there may well be something to this, and I plan to try it more once my schedule permits.

Shannanigans Guest
    Usually on my days off this is more doable, and actually is my sleep pattern whether I want it that way or not

Naps are great because it is one more opportunity to dream or have a chance to AP

As a child, that's how I slept though...I would get up, have a full morning, and by mid afternoon my mom would make me take a nap. Interestingly enough, it was around this age that I had most of my psychic experiences. (they have all but disappeared thanks to growing up with fear and needing to become normal...but that's a whole other topic!)