Thread: DNA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: DNA

Are these genes which control us, or us who control genes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lipton

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Lipton
    Oh my God, you're all going the wrong way. At some point I realised that they marginalised my work because it didn’t conform to their conventional beliefs and I thought, well, they’re not even being scientists. And I just left the system. I realised the message is more important for the average person than it is to argue in the halls of science
    Not a surprise, scientists are not particularly interested in his theories, ignore his thesis and continue their research quest for finding a predetermined solution - mentioned by myself a "magic pill" - i.e. the variant of genes combination which would satisfy the expectations.

But there is one scientist who commented Bruce Lipton's endeavors, David Gorski.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gorski

He makes a comparison of the Bruce Lipton's epigenetics to the law of attraction (implicitly suggesting that the latter is a nonesense). Interestingly, as many such publically selling views scientists, he is very "anti-" type of person, critisizing anything that is not accepted in main stream, including alternative medicine or the anti-vaccination movement. Is there objectivity on wikipedia? Well, I don't know what classifies as propaganda, but the movement has been classified as "Alternative and pseudo‑medicine", with an exponent adnotation, while other articles don't have such headline next to them.

Anyway, it is always worth to think for yourself, and not to follow the collective. Even scientific field experiences mile-stones thanks to people who reconsider presumed but generally accepted "truths". We know so little about the universe - macromosm, and ourselves - microcosm, that openness of mind may only bring more light against the shadows of widely popularized these days ignorance.
    Last edited by Antares; 8th July 2020 at 06:33 PM.

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts