Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
I have found that if you cannot journey, your oversoul (glory self) can cast lives into "other" realms and the soul (power self) learns alongside, in between having nothing to do and doing something for others. I see me everywhere, on the internet in particular. They talk, beings that I pay any attention to at all. Those that identify as "little me" I try to balance with. I think that there is alchemy here.
I like Deepak Chopra's definition of the soul:

The soul is the innermost being of a person
'Journey' is, therefore, an illusion, isn't it? You travel through your mind.

Not when taking a "journey" - but all the time. Like now, jumping from one word to another, reading this text. Aren't you?

Alchemy is power, just like the universe. But not through forcing, but through wu-wei.
Wu wei is the synonym to alchemy: you flow, and when the change (transmutation) happens, you go with the wind.
I.e. you perform an alchemical act - even if you are not aware of this.

Yes, taoism is all about alchemy and changes. On all levels of yourself (and yourself, your true self, is infinite).

And yes, I-Ching, the taoist ancient book, is about the changes and alchemy. Just like taoists claimed.

The difference between alchemist and a layman is presence or abasence of consciousness of being in the alchemical processes of life.

With consciousness you gain the power. Imagine being in a river, but being not aware of this fact. How you would sail, then? Lao Tzy would tell you, probably, because of you being conscious. How to gain consciousness? Through wisdom. How to gain wisdom? Through experience. How to gain experience? Through... being aware... Hey! Wait! Weren't we talking about the awareness being the goal at the beginning? Yes, I did. Which means it is the beginning and the end at the same time - no time for learning required, it happens instantly, like in the wu-wei state. Again, just like taoists claimed.

Makes sense to me.