I wanetd to add a few thoughts to this as well.

I have ADHD. while I've never been medicated for it, around the time I first started doing energy work, a doctor gave me a trial prescription for concerta (time-released ritalin), to see if that would help with my symptoms. I was told I could use it as-needed, as opposed to daily. When I tried it out, during periods where I needed concentration, it worked very well. I was quite happy. With finals and studies complete, I didn't touch the stuff for another 6 months or so. In that time, I did massive spiritual healing and rebalancing. When I again decided I needed to use the medication for a day in which I needed high-concentration, the medicine worked completely differently. Instead of becoming focused, I became manic. (Yes- concerta is a stiumulant, but shouldn't cause that reaction.) I found the medicine no longer worked for me the same way, now that my energy bodies and corresponding mental/emotional layers were healthier.

It could possibly be that the eenrgy work you are doing is changing enough things such that your medicine needs to be looked at. This of course needs to go through your doctor, but it sunds like you are on top of that.

You didn't exactly say what kind of energy work you were doing. So I can't make overly specific recommendations. What comes to mind is a bit of a rehash, with maybe a few new ideas.
-Whenever you experience heavy symptoms from spiritual work, the best recommendation is to take time away from any energy work, until all symptoms are gone, and make sure that you take enough time off that they don't immediately return when you resume energy work.
-You may need to learn grounding techniques.
-Especially in the case where there is a mental-illness component to the picture, make sure that you do work on all layers at the same time. That is- if you're working on your energy-layer of being, make sure you're also working on your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects as well. This will ensure proper balance, and make it less likely that any one blocked area could throw the whole system off in a severe manner.

Good luck! Keep us up to date (-: