Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the yogic path to enlightenment?

Re: What is the yogic path to enlightenment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    I've heard this was the words of Christ, but am not 100% sure, "be as innocent as a lamb but as cunning as a snake". We gotta survive somehow!
    To make the world work with one's attitudes and not one's presumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Here is what I did, if you are dedicated.
    Asanas (postures) as I have detailed below are Yang. When in, say "downward dog," I chose to do the fire breathing. My thinking was that this was omnipotence, fire breath plus the yoga stretch. How is that not great Yang?..

I may try these postures out. I was more under the impression that there was a yogic way to enlightenment (a combination of meditation techniques and postures) and that is what I'm seeking. But it may not exist. I used to do yoga 30 minutes a day, I may have to take that back up.
    Be yourself and follow the truth, being the truth and following yourself.

Rama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by schizoid View Post
    I may try these postures out. I was more under the impression that there was a yogic way to enlightenment (a combination of meditation techniques and postures) and that is what I'm seeking. But it may not exist. I used to do yoga 30 minutes a day, I may have to take that back up.
    Hi.
    Yes that's exactly what they do. A combination of spiritual practices/meditations & yoga. I don't know too much, you'd have to ask them. They have a support online form where you can post questions:
    https://www.ananda.org/ask/creating-a-protective-aura/
    They also highly recommend the Yogananda Energization Exercise (on YouTube also).

Hi.
    Yes that's exactly what they do. A combination of spiritual practices/meditations & yoga. I don't know too much, you'd have to ask them. They have a support online form where you can post questions:
    https://www.ananda.org/ask/creating-a-protective-aura/
    They also highly recommend the Yogananda Energization Exercise (on YouTube also).
    I'm going to ask them if their teachings lead to enlightenment or just a increase in awareness and physical fitness.

I'm going to ask them if their teachings lead to enlightenment or just a increase in awareness and physical fitness.
    In my own experience of yoga, the enlightenment of self is technically second-hand. Much like the analogy of a horse and cart, whereby physical fitness is pushing the horse, whereas enlightenment is spending the day in the cart, lol.

Rama Guest

of course it does! You're very funny. They have a very deep (& disciplined) spiritual practice it seems. That's why I said it's not for me. I don't like following routines & structures & not disciplined.just watch some of their videos on their talks (not yoga or physical exercises). You'll get the feeling of what they are about. Especially Swami Kriyananda ����

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    In my own experience of yoga, the enlightenment of self is technically second-hand. Much like the analogy of a horse and cart, whereby physical fitness is pushing the horse, whereas enlightenment is spending the day in the cart, lol.

My cart isn't there, just a weak horse.

of course it does! You're very funny. They have a very deep (& disciplined) spiritual practice it seems. That's why I said it's not for me. I don't like following routines & structures & not disciplined.just watch some of their videos on their talks (not yoga or physical exercises). You'll get the feeling of what they are about. Especially Swami Kriyananda 🙏🏽
    Before I dedicate myself to something like this I'm going to give Robert Bruce's material a try, if his material doesn't produce results then I will consider a system like theirs.

My cart isn't there, just a weak horse.
    Weak horse needs anger.
    No cart means no company - seek the truth.

Rama Guest

Before I dedicate myself to something like this I'm going to give Robert Bruce's material a try, if his material doesn't produce results then I will consider a system like theirs.
    Do what feels right for you, resonates with you. Robert Bruce is something different to a yogic or spiritual path. But it seems to me that's what your heart wants, follow your heart. It normally works out best. Myself, I can't dedicate myself to anything, that's a big problem. The wise ones say dig in one place, & dig deep, then you'll hit water! It's no point digging lots of little holes everywhere ;}