Thread: Demonology

Demonology

Not to speculate, but I have decided to define demonology [per se] "the study of the matter of Christ". Here I have found two after-thoughts:

- a contract with the divine is presumed in anyone who prays
    - the contract will be fulfilled in spite of hell

And my contract was to attain salvation - it's the default I believe.

olyris

Re: Demonology

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    I have decided to define demonology [per se] "the study of the matter of Christ". Here I have found two after-thoughts:

- a contract with the divine is presumed in anyone who prays
    - the contract will be fulfilled in spite of hell
    Do you suggest that christianity, then, is a devil's religion, and as such is based on a demonic foundation?

I was never interested in demons myself, I must admit, and the only time when I wanted to know what hell is was when I was a little child and just heard from my catholic parents about heaven and hell, and where and under what conditions one is supposed to go after death. This was the time when I had a frequent visits of non-physical beings, and indeed I finally - on my request - saw how the hell "looks like" (if anything like that exists, after all, because I don't know if it's just a catholic invention) - in short it was build on a powerful and vast vortex of... madness in a very literal and visible way, I saw a lot of screaming people who started to less and less resemble humans because of those negative influences, and quickly I wanted to quit that area to be not affected by this strong vortex. I told myself then that I would never go there after death again, if not with an intent to help those suffering souls.

Blog Entries

Well, demons, whether they exist or not, are featured in other religions, even non-abrahamic ones (like Tibetan buddhism, for example). Also in greek cosmology, the human mind is said to consist of daimon and eidolon, the daimon being the 'spiritual self' and the eidolon being the part of the mind that is physical and temporal.
    So, the reason for your categorizing might just be cultural. It is in the context of one culture that you came upon the idea, but the idea itself is a bit more archetypal.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The religions have a clear origin in earlier religions, shamanism or let's say philosophies. I am certain that the terminology used by their successor s comes from there. Whether you label them evil spirits, devils, non physical malicious beings, or demons - is not important; however I am certain that "such" being exist. Medieval times are very different however from how such things - magic, demons, "demonology" - were perceived in the ancient times... the whole mentality and understanding of the reality was different. I would not therefore stick to certain terminology or view on such things, but look up for the essence.

I would allow that demonology is the art and practice of keeping God healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    I would allow that demonology is the art and practice of keeping God healthy.
    It takes two skills:
    1. acceptance of self
    2. trust in the truth

Easy as taking a salt bath, in other words.