Thread: Reality

blacktiger057 Guest

Reality

Reality is what we take to be true. What we take to be true is what we believe. What we believe is based upon our perceptions. What we perceive depends upon what we look for. What we look for depends upon what we think. What we think depends upon what we perceive. What we perceive determines what we believe. What we believe determines what we take to be true. what we take to be true is our reality.-Gary Zukav

I thought it was interesting!

Scott

Zandria Guest
    what if we doubt our reality?

I doubt there is a reality.

-----------

I can't agree with the quote. Its a long string of connections, many of which I don't subscribe to.

"Reality is what we take to be true." - reality is what it is whether or not we take it
    "What we take to be true is what we believe." - more like we believe whatever we want to believe, truth seems to take a back seat in this one
    "What we look for depends upon what we think." - also it depends on what we expect and what we are able to see
    "What we think depends upon what we perceive." - what we think is based on whatever is in our brains, perhaps loosely related to what we perceive
    "What we perceive determines what we believe." - I believe many things that I have never perceived, cause I made them up
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

blacktiger057 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    I doubt there is a reality.

-----------

I can't agree with the quote. Its a long string of connections, many of which I don't subscribe to.

"Reality is what we take to be true." - reality is what it is whether or not we take it
    "What we take to be true is what we believe." - more like we believe whatever we want to believe, truth seems to take a back seat in this one
    "What we look for depends upon what we think." - also it depends on what we expect and what we are able to see
    "What we think depends upon what we perceive." - what we think is based on whatever is in our brains, perhaps loosely related to what we perceive
    "What we perceive determines what we believe." - I believe many things that I have never perceived, cause I made them up
    Line 1-Yes, but we have our own reality. Line 2-Well we wouldn't believe it if we didnt think it was true. Line 3-Says that in the next line. Line 4- Well what we see and believe is what we think. That's how we learn. Line5- Percieve does not nessesarily mean what we see physically...

artdragondream Guest
    This is a topic where I like to bring in some science. Quantum physics has determined something astonishing. That without the presence of an observer (that is a present consciousness) there is no physical reality as we experience it. Through an experiment called the double slit experiment they found that when subatomic particles are being observed they form into a single point of matter. But when they are not being observed they exist in superposition (existing in every position possible throughout the universe). In essence it changes to its natural state which is a field of energy that permeates EVERYTHING.

The conclusion of this is that we CREATE our own reality with the simple presence of our consciousness.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Think about that.

~Scott

NanoCrow Guest
    I think what quantum physics demonstrates is something fundamental about the scientific method itself...the systems used to explore reality, participate in its creation. Science requires a "detached" observer, so mysteriously, it discovers the universe does as well. What are the odds? A different system, a different lens, finds different things for different purposes. I'm not sure why we have this obsession for singular authority, a single voice of truth, except as a carry over from previous dogma. We're not out of the woods yet. Not even close.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoCrow
    I think what quantum physics demonstrates is something fundamental about the scientific method itself...the systems used to explore reality, participate in its creation. Science requires a "detached" observer, so mysteriously, it discovers the universe does as well. What are the odds? A different system, a different lens, finds different things for different purposes. I'm not sure why we have this obsession for singular authority, a single voice of truth, except as a carry over from previous dogma. We're not out of the woods yet. Not even close.
    Unfortunately, I think you're right.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Sephir Guest
    What we look for depends upon what we think.
    In my point of view, the subject of our desires is independed on our thoughts at all. Moreover, what we think is a secondary process depended on our desires. If we received everything what we want, our mentality would not develop at all. The only condition of mental development is the lack of possibility to fulfil our desires. As a matter of fact, the thinking process performs only one function : searching a possibility to fulfil our desires.

What we perceive determines what we believe.
    I can't agree with it as well. Usually we believe what we're not able to perceive. Actualy, this is only reason to believe something. If we could check the truth out by own perception, we would not have to believe.

The theory regarding the way of perception reality has been developing for hundred of years. First, we were agree with Newton's point of view. According to his theory, the reality exists independing on us. He said "if we don't perceive something, it doesn't exist". Then, we started to believe (according to Einstein) that through our perception we change the reality. Next, according to Everett's theory, we started to understand, that the reality is like a connection between our senses, and something what we call external reality.

What is the truth? Nowadays we know, that objective reality doesn't exist at all. We know, that animals perceive the external world in diferent ways than we do. What does reality look like?

I think (as a student of traditional kabbalah) that there is no external world at all. If we changed our properties, we would change the world we live in. There is only two properties what exist independing on our perception. Egoism, and altruism. As kabbalists say, all worlds are located inside us. By a changing our properties, we reveal completely new reality.