Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
About the note thing, I found it to be the most challenging part of the program. I gave up on it after a week and it didn't impede my progress. Just so you know.
Thanks for your reply! I think the CD did help somewhat with mind focusing as interior monologue had been an issue for me but may not be necessary for everyone.

I continued with the program, went through the recommended number of sessions for both the meditation and energy raising CDs
Since last week I've been focused on the conscious exit CD

I have not projected yet but have continued doing energy raising each night before going to sleep.
Initially I found myself growing very tense (muscle tension) as I went through the OBE practice. This has improved but I have developed a bad habit of holding my breath or breathing irregularly. (Perhaps I had been holding my breath in addition to tensing up but did not realize it)

The exit technique in the guided mediation on the CD I believe is called the "rope" technique. Essentially you visually climbing a rope with your hands while lying motionless on the floor with the goal of causing an OBE.

I had some trouble picturing climbing a rope at times (especially as I grew more relaxed) but I have set up an old jump rope in one room so that one end hangs near the floor. My hope is by pulling myself up (at least my upper body up) a few times a day this will aid with being able to visualize doing so during mediation.

I will add that each time I've gone through the OBE practice I've had what I believe is sleep paralysis because it takes me a few minutes to move (usually I can open my eyes but need to slowly move fingers and toes before I can move my arms and legs to stand up.)

I have continued with my dream journal but recalling details of dreams is still a work in progress.