Thread: 2 beginner questions

2 beginner questions

Hello,

Sorry for the wrong title, in the meanwhile I found an answer to one of my questions here in the forum.
    So I only have one question, about Affirmations and the Higher Self.

Why is it recommended (in Astral Dynamics) to make affirmations (like „I love to leave my body and remember everything!“) as often as possible, so that your Higher Self hears you and is convinced to make it happen (by letting you remembering your OBEs, for example)?

You often read that your Higher Self watches you, it is permanently with you, you are part of the whole, not really separated.
    That should mean that your Higher Self always feel your motivation, so it already sees and knows that your wish is to experience OBEs.
    Why do you have to „convince“ it, then, why doesn’t it simply supports you instantly and manifests your Intentios of your Affirmations?

Thank you very much!

Best regards
    Last edited by Adept; 24th November 2020 at 01:31 PM.

Re: 2 beginner questions

The Higher Self might be connected to all of your incarnations which might be connected to each other through you. That is a pretty big net to cast for the truth of OBEs.

Thank you, that’s indeed an interesting point.
    It could mean that, though we are part of our Higher Self, we not only have our own consciousness, but also the Higher Self keeps away from our emotions and thinkings (at least as long as we don’t try to contact it directly).
    So we can live our life, make our own experiences and take our own decisions.
    We are like kids leaving the house, and the parents (Higher Self) don’t care for what we are doing, trusting and knowing that we will come back sooner or later.

I think this is a more realistic approach to the relationship between us and our Higher Self.

Thanks again

Blog Entries

The reasons for affirmations is not to connect with your Higher Self- your Higher Self is connected to you whether you know this consciously. The word 'consciously' is the thing.
    Our perceptions are filtered with what our subconscious mind has learned to accept as real, and we train the subconscious mind to accept what we affirm the same way it learned in the first place: Repetition, and the engagement with the senses.
    This is what affirmations, if done correctly, do. They reprogram your subconscious mind at the level of your present consciousness.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    The reasons for affirmations is not to connect with your Higher Self- your Higher Self is connected to you whether you know this consciously. The word 'consciously' is the thing.
    Our perceptions are filtered with what our subconscious mind has learned to accept as real, and we train the subconscious mind to accept what we affirm the same way it learned in the first place: Repetition, and the engagement with the senses.
    This is what affirmations, if done correctly, do. They reprogram your subconscious mind at the level of your present consciousness.
    Thank you for your answer.
    But here I have 2 (small) „niggles“:

1. As far as I understood the subconscious is ALL we ever have experienced and know, even from previous life’s / incarnations.
    So, especially the subconscious should know the truth (and thus no need to be convinced by any meaning).

2. Robert Bruce wrote in Astral Dynamics explicitly (Part 1, Chapter 7) that affirmations are meant towards your Higher Self, and that they are even more powerful when spoken loudly, because this would resonate with the throat chakra, so the Higher Self could „hear“ it faster and better.

My inner experience is that HS does not connect with Self, HS connects with "God." The "lower" Self gets to affirm its own infinite truth present entitled before God, so to have that.

Blog Entries

As far as I understood the subconscious is ALL we ever have experienced and know, even from previous life’s / incarnations.
    Nope. The subconscious is a physical machine, The part of your mind that knows stuff from 'before' is the superconscious, not the subconscious. The subconscious is the part of your brain that has been trained ever since you were born 'this time' and keeps your consciousness 'protected' from creating what you shouldn't have according to what it learned in your young life this time.
    If he said that I disagree with him. The Higher Self has no filters, the conscious mind does because it doesn't have enough information to make decisions, except what it has learned this go around.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Alright, thank you for clarification!