View Poll Results: Is there life purpose?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is related to soul or reincarnation

0 0%
  • Yes, it has been given in the sacred texts

0 0%
  • No, purposes are made up illusion; only we choose them

1 100.00%
  • No, we do what we want, no pressure

0 0%
  • Yes, as long as it's related to society

0 0%

Thread: Life purpose and philosphical pressure

Life purpose and philosphical pressure

Most of people on this forum, I believe, are far from any particular religion or even a belief system (even derived from religion) engagement. This includes the scientific system.

But still it is probably difficult to completely avoid being under the pressure of premises, axioms, strict guidelines, fundamental criteria, core and institive concepts or dogmas of the philosophy.

A philosphical system that one follows has typically a lot to do with one's life purposes, and probably the resulting life style - including a belief of having no life purposes at all.
    In other words, philosophy puts a pressure on what we 'need' to do in our lives, i.e. what could be one's life purpose.
    This is particularly obvious in religions and derived systems; some keep it hidden, not suggesting anything explicitly, but the result is typically the same, as the reality shows, like with the scientific system which gives 'birth' to atheists and the atheist philosophical system, and thus implicitly giving the 'ideas' about the life purposes.

Most of people on AD probably believe that we have a certain purpose(s) in life, possibly connected to soul and karma. Some may think that we are totally free.

What do you think?

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts

Blog Entries

Re: Life purpose and philosphical pressure

I think some people have a purpose, others don't; or rather, their purpose is just to be here, not necessarily to do something. Would you consider just existing a purpose? Yet it is apparent to me that some people can remember being told of something they came here to do, whatever that may be.
    BTW, did you just post this on the Reality Revolution page, or is it coincidence?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Well, this is interesting, because, I wonder, what is the idea of the life purposes at all? Where do they come from? Why are they treated with such an importance?

These are essential questions, because answering them would reveal the wider context of the reality we are in.

I don't know what is the Reality Revolution page - could you give me a hint on what is it?

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts

Regarding the poll I miss the none-of-the-above option.

If I had to make a choice among the existing options it would be 'related to soul or reincarnation' but I don't choose it because it is still too restrictive for me because of the second and too general because of the first aspect.

I mean, everything is somehow 'related to soul' for me. That does not tell about THIS very life's purpose. I think purposes, reasons and set life goals (if there are some) can change from life to life.

It being 'related to Karma or reincarnation' is also something I cannot entirely subscribe to if it implies some force (to incarnate because of entrapment) or religious dogma.

As CFT said, some souls might just be here for (first?) experience as a human, kind of like an observer or just 'for fun' or to learn but not certain about what exactly. I remember Robert Monroe in his books telling about his way how he came here.

All reasons or circumstances of how we end(ed) up on this rock of course can (like everything) also said to be a 'purpose' but I guess you mean(t) 'karmic' purposes or 'society' purpose or 'soul development' purpose in the poll - and this might not always be the case (although it can, but each case might be different). You see, I'm also oscillating a bit here.

To put it in other words: there is no sole ('soul') purpose as such.

In other words again: It all depends.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Maby feeling a life purpouse is to keep the eye on the goal...to do something specific....and those who do not feel or have felt or found theire life purpouse is just here to have this experience....and as many lifes incarnations they have the more a life purpouse will emerge clearer....I can not deny in this life not to have any life purpouse...because I have had so many sighns and proofs that my life purpous in this life is to give out my energy to support others...I call it healing...this everyone knows and they feel when I send energy to them...I have also noticed it helps people with issues to cleanse them...it makes them to be able to help them selfs better....I get these proved to me over and over again....I go into doubt of course as everyone does...time to time...and there is some force what makes me to get back on the horse so to say and makes me remember my purpous....I do believe in a force what is all there is....call it God or my future self...or what helps to understand that there is an intelligence what does keep all it together and makes it evolve....I can never deny this...I have got so many proofs of it in this life.....but it is very interesting to get others views and I appreaciate this conversation very much....keep it going
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Well, this is interesting, because, I wonder, what is the idea of the life purposes at all? Where do they come from? Why are they treated with such an importance?

These are essential questions, because answering them would reveal the wider context of the reality we are in.

I don't know what is the Reality Revolution page - could you give me a hint on what is it?
    It's a facebook group (and page) by author Brian Scott. He has a YT channel and a podcast too. On the same day you asked this question here someone asked the same question there, and wow, if that isn't synchronicity Idk what is. For who, I wonder?

Interesting, thanks for raising that. No, definitely not me, I even do not use facebook.

I'm 100% certain it is synchronicity. I experience them on a daily basis - I mean, really a lot, recently. My suspicion is that synchronicity is not an unconcious thing - it is a deliberate activity by the 'metaphysical'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Interesting, thanks for raising that. No, definitely not me, I even do not use facebook.

I'm 100% certain it is synchronicity. I experience them on a daily basis - I mean, really a lot, recently. My suspicion is that synchronicity is not an unconcious thing - it is a deliberate activity by the 'metaphysical'.
    You can say the G word. It's ok. Some people prefer to say 'the flow', 'the outer screen', it's all good to me.