Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
I suppose I meant that for the purposes of experiential learning you can pick the black or the white team, on the chessboard. But you are right, you could transcend the game itself and witness. In society you do get either meditation (black) or prayer (white) for a synthesis - doing both tends to leads you to muddlement. However, in pure clarity there is only joy, and that's plenty for a thing to occupy the self with.
Oh I see what you saying now, I found they are just opposite ends of same spectrum.

Eg.
up/down, left/right, inner/outer, light/dark, love/hate, cold/hot, male/female, yin/yang etc, etc. > but there is also a middle, a center, central point of balance, neutrality, etc.

We live in duality, there is polarity and you can go to either extreme or just be in a calm peaceful spot right in the middle or at least try to hover around that area on the fence which creates balance "everything in moderation". Even the afterlife seems to have duality or polarity unless you transcend it completely and reach a state of unity merging back into unison as the collective and no longer an individual but a part of the whole.