Thread: Question about flying dreams - feeling "resistance"

1. Question about flying dreams - feeling "resistance"

In the past when I think I am lucid dreaming I will "test" this by attempting to fly which would be proof I am dreaming.

I have noticed that at some point if I try flying higher and higher I will begin to feel some "resistance" for lack of a better word. Almost like trying to walk through very deep snow or swim through mud. Usually I will see an image of a ceiling or perhaps cloud cover when I feel this resistance.

If I can clear my mind I can eventually push through this block and then can move freely.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I always wondered if what was happening was separating from my phsical body while dreaming.

Last night I dreamed I was trying to fly from inside a house. I reached the ceiling of the room I was in and slowly passed through it like a ghost might- however it did not happen quickly or naturally I had to really focus. On the next floor I saw a door going outside but when I opened it there was another door behind that door. I'm not sure if I have a specific question about this particular dream but the imagery of passing through the ceiling made me recall the resistance I feel in just about every flying dream I can remember.
    “In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.” ― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.

Blog Entries

Re: Question about flying dreams - feeling "resistance"

Yes, sometimes it comes down to the technique you are using to fly and other times it might just be belief, expectation or assumption getting in the way.

My technique for flying, is basically just recreating the feeling of flying. When I first started flying it felt exhilarating, and still does to this day, I've flown so many times I just know what it feels like and lift off straight away. I've experimented with other techniques, like mental visualization but this takes a bit more effort, whereas simply enjoying the feeling of flight takes no effort at all!

I used to have problems with speed and height but overcame this with more experience. I also use to hit invisible barriers trying to reach outer space, right where the atmosphere starts getting thin and merging into space. Sometimes it's there with no way to break through, sometimes it's not. If I ever encounter that now, I just phase through it like phasing through a glass window.

It's a strange thing really, why is there an invisible barrier? I read into the flat earth theory and although this might provide some sort of explanation, I think the barrier is there sometimes for a different reason something more along the lines of crossing into astral territory outside of personally projected dreamspace. Experiencing resistance, may not be a hard barrier but it's still a barrier in your mind so to speak, when you encounter problems like this just need to be creative in finding a solution.

Think of the original you, fly like this bird.

Blog Entries

I also think that the more complicated it gets (like you've gotten pretty high up, and are expecting something interesting to happen) this wakes the brain up a little too much and then it interrupts the dreaming process and it's over.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The key is to know where you're coming from ("promise," "rebirth," "origin") - go to, is feelgood.