Thread: Can you tell me whether the state of "mind awake/body asleep" is reached before or after entering trance?

Red face Can you tell me whether the state of "mind awake/body asleep" is reached before or after entering trance?

Can you tell me whether I want to reach the state of "mind awake/body asleep" when I finish relaxing, or to be in the state of "mind awake/body asleep" after I reach a slight trance,thank you very much!

Re: Can you tell me whether the state of "mind awake/body asleep" is reached before or after entering trance?

Hi Zhangyan,

I believe that trance comes before the "mind awake and body asleep" state. When we relax into a trance state, the body tends to reduce activity and relax into a sleep like state, the heart slows down, the muscels go limp and breathing deepens and relaxes. When we do this and keep our minds awake, we are in the perfect state to induce OBE. It is essential for the body to be deeply relaxed when projecting out of body.

It is possible to enter a light state of trance without the body being "asleep", but the depths of trance and body relaxation required to project out of body is relatively deep.

I am sure many others will also have valuable input and experience on this question.

Best Wishes

Jexx

Re: Can you tell me whether the state of "mind awake/body asleep" is reached before or after entering trance?

I agree with Jexx. Trance is a process that happens as movement of your consciousness state within a continuum / spectrum, just like lucidity in a dream can be this kind of spectrum too. The Mind-awake-body-asleep-state (or sleep paralysis) can be the (final?) goal or a landmark within this spectrum. When you daydream you also are already in a kind of trance but certainly not (body) asleep or in (sleep) paralysis.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Thank you very much. Do I understand you correctly? The state of "mind awake/body asleep" can only be achieved after fully relaxing and then continuously descending the stairs in consciousness. Because entering into a trance state requires relaxation and continuous imagination of falling actions in consciousness. and Just relaxing muscles can't achieve the state of "mind awake/body asleep".Is that correct? thank you!

Hi Zhangyan,

Yes, I think you are on the right track. The primary requirement for OBE is that your body is extremely relaxed to the point where your muscles are limp and your body slows down into a calm state (body going to sleep). The second requirement, if it is to be conscious OBE, is is that you calm your mind and focus only on one thing. By focusing on one thing, your mind will slip into a trance state automatically, and the longer you relax and focus on one thing, the deeper the trance will become. If you focus your mind on a descending scenario (like going down stairs...etc), you will deepen the trance state faster. I don't know of anyone who has projected out of their body with a very active mind that was not in some level altered state of consciousness. There does need to be some level of awareness for the OBE to be a conscious experience, but the mind state is definitely not as active or the same as full awake awareness.

After focusing your mind for a while on a descending scenario, like going down stairs, you will feel a bit like you are half asleep, this is the point where I would switch to doing exit actions, like the rope technique (imagining and feeling your awareness arms pulling you up and out of your body using a rope hanging down from above you).

I hope this helps explain further, but I think you get the gist.

Best Wishes

Jexx

Thank you very much for your guidance, which is very helpful to me!

Just right before reaching the trance state, the line is very fine and you will know it when it happens.
    "If the black art has done much evil, it has also been the source of much good; that if it is the child of error, it has yet been the mother of freedom and truth."

Ἔσσεαι ἀθάνατος θεός, ἀμβροτος, ὀυκ ἔτι θνητός."
    Pythagoras.