Thread: "Visual Snow" - what is it exactly?

Question "Visual Snow" - what is it exactly?

When I was four years old, I hopped on a bus with my mother one night. It was dark and that was when I noticed all the dots around me. I said to my mother "Look! All the pretty pink dots!" She ignored me of course.

They never went away. The visual snow is with me 24/7. No one has ever given me a satisfactory explanation.

Eventually I realised these dots aren't always pink. In fact, they are colourless, but I, somehow, can "wash" the background with colour simply by thinking about it. The only colours I can do are green, pink/red, purple, sometimes blue. The colours come in a wave, like watercolours, and the dots are simply soaked in them. If I think of a colour and I am focused, I can physically see it clearly. Not "in my mind".

Sometimes at night when I am super relaxed, I see waves of green, then purple, green, then purple. Is this my aura?

As for the dots (visual snow), they are there whether my eyes are open or closed. I can't really do anything with them except group them together and make random "molecules"! Otherwise they are pretty uniform, evenly spread out. Not necessarily abundant around a person's aura or anything. I don't see auras yet. I always assumed I was seeing the "veil" between worlds.

Can anyone explain what it is I'm seeing? Anyway I can use or enhance this?

Cheers.

2. Re: "Visual Snow" - what is it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFyre View Post
    When I was four years old, I hopped on a bus with my mother one night. It was dark and that was when I noticed all the dots around me. I said to my mother "Look! All the pretty pink dots!" She ignored me of course.

They never went away. The visual snow is with me 24/7. No one has ever given me a satisfactory explanation.

Eventually I realised these dots aren't always pink. In fact, they are colourless, but I, somehow, can "wash" the background with colour simply by thinking about it. The only colours I can do are green, pink/red, purple, sometimes blue. The colours come in a wave, like watercolours, and the dots are simply soaked in them. If I think of a colour and I am focused, I can physically see it clearly. Not "in my mind".

Sometimes at night when I am super relaxed, I see waves of green, then purple, green, then purple. Is this my aura?

As for the dots (visual snow), they are there whether my eyes are open or closed. I can't really do anything with them except group them together and make random "molecules"! Otherwise they are pretty uniform, evenly spread out. Not necessarily abundant around a person's aura or anything. I don't see auras yet. I always assumed I was seeing the "veil" between worlds.

Can anyone explain what it is I'm seeing? Anyway I can use or enhance this?

Cheers.
    Do these dots appear in a grid or are they more randomly spaced? Do they move at all?

Re: "Visual Snow" - what is it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Do these dots appear in a grid or are they more randomly spaced? Do they move at all?
    They are placed randomly, but evenly spaced out. It's hard to explain whether they move or not. It's hard to focus on only one. They don't seem to move in any direction, but they phase in and out I think? Like an old tv channel that's all static.

4. Re: "Visual Snow" - what is it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFyre View Post
    They are placed randomly, but evenly spaced out. It's hard to explain whether they move or not. It's hard to focus on only one. They don't seem to move in any direction, but they phase in and out I think? Like an old tv channel that's all static.
    Is it all over your field of vision, where ever you look or is it more confined to a certain area? There is a neurological condition called visual snow too that causes a visual field that resembles static on a tv screen. I don't know much about it though.

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseas...snow-syndrome/

Blog Entries

Pixels. That's how we perceive light. Our rods and cones can perceive 3 colors and they're constantly being excited by light rays. How they merge is what we call 'sight'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Chrysalis, I see them everywhere all over my visual field. It might be a neurological condition, I too have read that new studies reveal that it may be caused by a hypermetabolism in a part of the brain called the lingual gyrus.

CFTraveler, that's interesting! Pixels. If they are pixels though, should I be seeing them even in complete darkness? Or do I have it in reverse, it's not that I'm seeing light, it's that my visual receptors are stimulated for some reason and that is what I'm seeing?

Actually that could make sense, I have very protruding eyes, and I was told that my eye sockets are too small for my eyeballs and that is why they protrude.
    Maybe they are squashed against the eye sockets?

No idea. But I was asking in case it was something astral that I could focus on. I have noticed a few times that if I wake up quickly from a dream, the visuals break up into the visual snow!
    And sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep, I can see the dream almost taking form in it.

So, it's like I'm seeing pixels on a screen. CFTraveler might be right, lol!

This lack of HD display sometimes make me feel that I'm in a false reality.