Thread: Raven Dream

Raven Dream

Hello!

I would love some feedback, thoughts, etc on this dream:

I am in an outdoor setting sitting at a conference table with "members of the board" or a planning committee. I am giving a presentation and we are discussing courses of action or direction. The meeting adjourns but there is a man left just chatting with me. A raven-bat looking thing flies into the scene low over the table and plucks off the far end of the table, my cell phone, which I had propped on its side and was using to show some sort of graphic as part of my presentation. The raven bat flies to my left shoulder, alights upon me and drops the phone in my lap. I have a very close up view of its face - and I realize the animal has been shot - there is a chunk of beak missing along with a grave wound in its skull and lots of feathers in blood-matted disarray. It peers at me with one black eye.

I gather up the raven-bat and intend to take care of its injury and I thank it for retreiving my phone, which I took in the dream to be a kind gesture. The remaining man says: "you should put it back in nature." I look around, and walk around the lightly forested area looking for spots to release the animal but there are foxes all around and I didn't want to abandon the bird-bat to die by fox. So I continue on my way with it.

I end up in some sort of inside/outside transitional space like a large run down aviary that had been abandoned, and trashed. I sit on some steps leading down into the expanse and I notice the raven-bat's face was healed and it now looked fully bat-like and was bigger. At this point I'm treating it like a child and looking for good for it. I find a highchair and place the bat in it intending to feed it. My son is there. In the dream my son is about 12. Now I notice a swarm of green lacewing type bugs all over everything, and some have landed on me.

End of dream.

Blog Entries

Re: Raven Dream

Hi, Dreamweaver.

Could you share some of your own thoughts on the dream? What do the specific symbols - like taking part in a board meeting - mean to you? How close is your connection to nature?

Assuming this was a dream taking place on the wider astral plane (outdoor setting) and not a more insular personal dream, then the raven-bat could have been a thought (or feeling) form. How you experience those depends on whether you see the consciousness aspect (and hence see them as beings) or more the information content it might have (if it bears a message and you see it as information). I was thinking of this because it picked up the cell phone, a means of communication.

There might be such a thing as "astral wildlife" but I know very little about it. But for example thought/feeling forms fall low on the spectrum of consciousness. They are created by our thoughts and feelings and often seek out their "target" and disperse "on impact." But some may also "bounce around" the astral plane until the energy spent on them is spent, especially if they can't find their originally intended destination, and eventually they dissolve back into the "background matter" of the wider plane. This might have been what the other person meant - that releasing it again would basically "take care of it." But since you saw it as consciousness maybe you saw this process as "being eaten by foxes" - because eventually it would generally disperse into the wider plane. This process might have already started (the injury).

It might have come to you because of something in your thoughts and feelings resonating with it as it "drifted by." It might have been "healed" by you giving it attention - one way to give it energy and hence restore it. (After all you feed it in the dream.)

That's one possible scenario. I'm saying "astral plane" because there are very few clues in the dream description to gauge the location. How was the sunlight and surroundings?

Regarding the raven-bat: You took care of it. How did you feel towards it? What impressions did it leave regarding its own nature?

Oliver

Re: Raven Dream

QUOTE=Korpo;175918]Hi, Dreamweaver.

Could you share some of your own thoughts on the dream? What do the specific symbols - like taking part in a board meeting - mean to you? How close is your connection to nature?

The board meeting - I'm a director so this is an attempt at a higher-order, work related, planning and development, a control function being represented I think.

The context is nature - elemental, animal totems. Higher governing order planning and control attempt inserted into and taking place within an overall more animal kingdom context. Foxes are trickster animals, hunters-scavengers.

Assuming this was a dream taking place on the wider astral plane (outdoor setting) and not a more insular personal dream, then the raven-bat could have been a thought (or feeling) form. How you experience those depends on whether you see the consciousness aspect (and hence see them as beings) or more the information content it might have (if it bears a message and you see it as information). I was thinking of this because it picked up the cell phone, a means of communication.

Ravens - bats - I didn't "call" any Ravens or Bat creatures. Not on purpose. But they are coming to me and I am feeding them and nurturing them apparently. I like ravens and crows. They are sentient. I'd like to nurture a relationship with them in real life but have not as of yet. I also see Ravens as familiars or Kabbalistically: Ravens of Death. That's a qlippothic reference. Why shot through the eye and wounded? Why the close eye contact? I roughly view bats as more shadow creatures. Subconscious, vaguely ominous, but not really dangerous. In the dream its like my child. But more like a doll. Not sentient.

There might be such a thing as "astral wildlife" but I know very little about it. But for example thought/feeling forms fall low on the spectrum of consciousness. They are created by our thoughts and feelings and often seek out their "target" and disperse "on impact." But some may also "bounce around" the astral plane until the energy spent on them is spent, especially if they can't find their originally intended destination, and eventually they dissolve back into the "background matter" of the wider plane. This might have been what the other person meant - that releasing it again would basically "take care of it." But since you saw it as consciousness maybe you saw this process as "being eaten by foxes" - because eventually it would generally disperse into the wider plane. This process might have already started (the injury).

Hmmm. The injured aspect is salient, and it confuses me. I don't get it. But it definitely is important. Eye to eye.

It might have come to you because of something in your thoughts and feelings resonating with it as it "drifted by." It might have been "healed" by you giving it attention - one way to give it energy and hence restore it. (After all you feed it in the dream.)

That's one possible scenario. I'm saying "astral plane" because there are very few clues in the dream description to gauge the location. How was the sunlight and surroundings?

Location was an in-between transitional space containing elements or aspects of nature and organizing force?. Astral feels right. Netzatch and Hod.

Regarding the raven-bat: You took care of it. How did you feel towards it? What impressions did it leave regarding its own nature?

The Raven-bat went from a wounded sentient shamanistic symbol making a salient gesture to a bat-child-doll. The form underwent a downgrade, yet I'm feeding it. This is also confusing. Something I am holding onto past its salient usefulness - should let it be consumed by wiley trickster scavengers.

Thank you Oluver - thoughtful questions.

Oliver[/QUOTE]