Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moved: Depersonalization induced by meditation ?!

Exclamation Moved: Depersonalization induced by meditation ?!

Hi, I'm pretty sure meditation induced depersonalization. I had a panic attack on marijuana about 2 months ago and that trauma, may have been the catalyst. Don't get me wrong, the depersonalization was induced by the meditation, but I'm just contextualizing.
    I have been reading about astral projection for quite a while, but about 2 weeks ago I thought I would finally start to practice and stop being an observer. I have read Astral Dynamics and was feeling like starting to meditate, because that is one of the core skills to acquire. I started doing energy work and getting really into all of the stuff that... basically practicing to maybe project someday. Now I have been meditating for about a month and once I finish my 20 minutes sessions, I would have my awareness fixed on a single point that I was looking at, all my vision around was blurred, I would feel like I'm constantly in a dream and sometimes my emotions would swing really quickly, basically the symptoms of depersonalization. All I was doing is entering trance state and trying to keep my mind clear of thoughts. It doesn't bother me for now, but I would like to know why this is happening? Should I keep meditating ? I haven't been able to find answers to those questions in this context. Thank you for reading to the end and I would appreciate your answers.

Blog Entries

Re: Depersonalization induced by meditation ?!

Meditate without the weed and see what happens.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Try some guided meditation, like the app Expanded from Monroe Institute

Just stop the weed and take a break from meditation, it will go away.
    Last edited by Sh@dow; 7th June 2022 at 11:21 AM.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I don't smoke weed regularly and I don't smoke it when I meditate.I just wanted to briefly explain that there might be a correlation between meditation, weed and depersonalization. The symptoms came back when I was meditating. I am currently taking a break from meditation and hoping it will go away.

I come back here because my enthusiasm for AP is still present and I have settled down. My depersonalization & derealization is doing alright, but it is still present in my daily life. I am afraid to start meditating again, as this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I'm not sure that the situation will change much over time. I'm reaching out to everyone who has been there. I would appreciate any help.

Blog Entries

What I have heard from people that have the issue, is, to stop paying attention to the reality shifts. If you cannot do that, then don't meditate. If you can look at a reality glitch and say "lookit what my brain is doing, isn't it interesting" and then forget about it then go back to meditation. But stop the minute that these glitches grab your attention.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    What I have heard from people that have the issue, is, to stop paying attention to the reality shifts. If you cannot do that, then don't meditate. If you can look at a reality glitch and say "lookit what my brain is doing, isn't it interesting" and then forget about it then go back to meditation. But stop the minute that these glitches grab your attention.
    What do you mean by Reality Shifts or reality glitches, I'm just curious. Are those happens in real time or only during meditation? Are you talking about glitches in the Matrix? Throw an example or two.
    Last edited by Sh@dow; 6th October 2022 at 04:49 AM.

Well yes, paying too much attention will feed your anxiety and make it worse. When I'm tired, stressed, anxious... derealization kicks in, but it doesn't throw me off completely. Anyway, I think in my case it is acceptable, but I hope it will still be, when I start meditating.

Re: Moved: Depersonalization induced by meditation ?!

I'm going to end this thread on a positive note. I started meditating again after getting my dp/dr under control and it's going well so far. If anyone is currently experiencing dp/dr stop meditating and treat it until you get it under control. Yoga, gym, video games... Just occupy your mind and live your normal life. In my humble opinion, not overthinking and treating your anxiety is the key for it to stop, because it's not permanent.