Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comments on excersises based on NEW and MBA

danielnieuwoudt Guest

Comments on excersises based on NEW and MBA

Hi Guys/Gals

I decided that I would like to invite comments on the experiences that I am having using NEW and MBA as made available by Robert Bruce both in terms of his online resources and his book Astral Dynamics.

I am trying to gather as much info and experience on these two topics as possible as I feel that it is really effective as well as capable of provding me with the right type of grounding to explore successful and controlled OBE's.

The major two experiences are 6 days apart. I gennerally spend about 30min on week days doing minor energy work as I am genarlly too tired to concetrate fully on the tasks due to work pressure. On weekends I try to take a nap so that I feel refreshed when I go to bed at around 10pm (Have two little girls so it does not really leave me with much practise time during daylight hours .

Please feel free to comment on the two practise sessions below:

Note: At the end of the session I bring my self out of the relaxed state and jot down the experience on the PC so it might be a bit confusing at times (Think it has to do with the mind split effect as recalling the event is sometimes difficult even coming only out on a lite to deep trance)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Relaxation Session (3rd June 2007 -> 22:00 to 00:00)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    On Third attempt went through process to relax whole body. Did foot work. Brush action up and down and also managed to focus on sweep action across toes. Did energy loops over skin of feet and lower legs up to knees. Not feeling strong sensations in upper legs but do feel sensations. Felt strong heat sensations in feet and toes. Hands and arm also very active and for the first time felt my head also being very active (Tingling and buzzing). Felt heat sensations in middle of back. Most of this was in a relaxed state but not deep relaxation.

Found myself drifting away with imaginary trend about nonsense but managed to recover several times floating in and out on consciousness. Every time I regained consciousness, became aware of energy body mostly focused around head, throat, chest and arms. Also in legs (Not strong feeling) and feet but not stomach region (maybe too much food).

When consciousness regained, experienced very strong hearing ability. A/C sounded like rushing waterfall as air came out of vent. Also notice my breathing was very loud. A/C sound was quite intimidating at first but once identified was nice to play with. Focus on a sound increases intensity of hearing greatly as if amplified. Only hear one sound at a time as oppose to many like under normal waking conditions.

Focused sounds on A/C (Crashing Waterfall)
    Hearing Energy (Sounds like buzzing)

Felt deep relaxation symptoms coming on (tickling across head and face), but was unable to achieve deep trace due to movement. Attempted and experienced twice. Also tried falling action by sinking into bed which caused heavy pressure sensations on the body.

When failed second time, decided to bounce awareness between hands. Caused strong energy sensations in whole body. Played with hands and arms in terms on energy body movement. Tried to stretch arms to touch bottom of bed. Felt right arm extend (a bit weird, felt like right arm was longer than left arm). Tried to stretch body like elastic band. Manage to perceive some stretch. Think I did too little energy raising as stretch felt very thin.

Started bounce from head to toe but started feel I was losing focus and concentration. Woke up.
    =============================================

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Relaxation Session (9th June 2007 -> 22:00 to 00:00)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Started with normal relaxation of body. Started energy work on feet and lower legs. String enery sensations in both legs. Moved energy to hips and torso using MBA. Started energy work on hands, arms and eventually entire body. Felt sensations of chakras activation? (base - warm feeling at base of spine, naval - stomach sort of rumbling as if hungry. Also feels like wind/bubbles in stomach) as I moved energy along spine from base to crown.

Had prickling sensation in right foot. Moved energy from crown to right foot a couple of times, prickling feeling stopped. Had prickling feeling in right hand and moved energy to right hand a couple of time and prickling feeling stopped. (Not sure what prickling feeling is but stops when energy is directed to the spesific area)

Started falling sensation which I could feel had immediate effect on level of trace state. Attempted to only induce falling feeling until I felt sensations of energy body expanding. Had strong expansion feelings in legs, arms, head, torso (sensations include pins and needle like feeling, becoming aware of pressure on part of body affected and sensation of lightness). Started bouncing action between hands through body. This caused strong chakra activation feelings in naval, throat and brow (heavy feeling on left temple )

Had sort of a neck spasm which felt like it jolted my neck from left to right with a associated ringing sound which woke me up immediately. Felt wide awake but still quite relaxed. Decided to get up have something to drink.

Currently feeling a little disconnected from reality. Lots of energy sensations in body. Warm feeling on skin and brow chakra. Skin around forehead feels desensitized and numb.
    =============================================

Regards
    Daniel

Blog Entries
    The sounds you reported both times sound like astral noise- which tells me you were very close to separation- indeed from your report it seems to me you had a very short partial separation on the first reported session. I believe you were in deeper trance than what you thought you were. That is very good.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

danielnieuwoudt Guest
    Hi CFTraveler

Thank you for the response and encouragement. Can you maybe eloborate on Korpo's and VioletSy's comments regarding grounding?

- What is "Grounding"?
    - Why is it important?
    - How does it affect the energy body / chakra system?
    - How is it achieved or managed?
    - Any do's or dont's for a novice?

As you can see lots and lots of questions.

Regards
    Daniel

Blog Entries
    As you develop your energy body it is often tempting to go for "the higher energies" and for "insights" and whatever. It is also tempting to go for energy phenomena that feel stronger and so on. The human tendency for the "big thing" is alive and kicking in energy body development as in every other discipline, and can be as damaging.

When people become "ungrounded", they especially feel a strange kind of detachment - dissociation. A feeling of not belonging here, not to this body, you no longer recognise yourself in the mirror or have spontaneous trance episodes and uncontrollable energetic phenomena. Generally speaking you are at the same time out of control and out of touch with your basic, "down-to-earth" humanity.

While some welcome this state, and while some can deal with such episodes, it is usually not the way to go for long-term development of the energy body or yourself.

Grounding techniques center you in the body again, they bring you back to the "here and now", anchor your mind in your physical human being and help rebalance your energy system by moving excess or agitated energies into the Earth. This "grounds" the energy, reducing agitation and allowing for calmness and healing.

The most vital and healthy system is not the one with the most energy in it, but where the best balance exists. Energy raising is not the exact opposite of grounding, but it can be overdone. Grounding excess and growing your capacity according to what you can safely deal with are the ways to go for long-term development in safety.

I personally do not even raise energy. Instead I resolve the energetic conflicts arising and manifesting in blockages. The human energy system already can deal with much more energies, receive, use and release them, but blockages prevent that. Instead of trying to put more energy into it, I simply make the room for more energy and had good results as well.

Since releasing a blockage releases energy as well - agitated, coarse and surely not neutral energy that the original conflict was made of after the energy stagnated and "froze" - I neutralise and ground that energy as well, and good neutralising and grounding skills make the difference for my method. Bad grounding means the energy upsets your system, old emotions and stresses again imbalance your system. But if I release the energy properly, the conflict can be resolved to a good degree, healing start and the blockage stays gone.

And that is why you ground.

Oliver

danielnieuwoudt Guest
    Hi Oliver

Thanks for the reply. Makes a lot of sense and in many ways should be applied to all aspects of life.

Regards
    Daniel

Blog Entries

I got bit with the long post bug again

Just to elaborate on what Korpo said, I just wanted to add that most 'higher energy' work involve the upper (brow/crown) chakras and grounding involves the base chakra, the one involved in survival issues (eating, drinking, etc.)- so grounding can go from doing 'life affirming' actions (like eating a high- protein meal, working (manual labor is the most 'grounding', but anything that insures an adequate living is 'grounding'. (Taking a walk in nature, being kind to animals) is another way of grounding. I think you get the picture- anything to do with being in the physical in harmony with it. (And like anything else, balance is everything- being too grounded would turn you into someone obsessed with survival to the exclusion of everything else (ulcers, stress, and so on.)
    In past times and in non-industrialized countries, being too grounded would have been common, but in modern industrialized countries, where work is almost dissasociated with survival (well not really, but in the collective psyche, people work for things other than survival, and in abstract-type occupations) it is easier to go the other way- to be too intellectual, too philosophical, or too 'fluffy'. That's another reason to be wary of overstimulating the higher chakras.
    Of course grounding, besides the way I described above, can be done by base chakra meditations & energy work.
    That's it- I promise I'm done.

danielnieuwoudt Guest

Thank you - and of course a update :-)

Hi Korpo/CFTraveler

The last couple of days has been rather interesting to say the least. Did some reading regardings negs and core image removal which I found ineteresting but realized that one should it no way feel overwhelmed/intimidated by new info (knowledge is power however).

Anyway ... I guess I decided to post again as your previous input has been very valuable and I feel balanaced in all respect of life (career, family, hobbies) and progressively more in experimenting with Enery work.

I need some confirmations though as I have taken the following approach with regards to enery work this week and it has yielded some interesting results:

Approach:

1. Short relaxion session initialy focusing on every major body limb ensuring that it is totally relaxed (feet, ankles, shins, calfs, knees, upper legs and hips etc)
    2. Once complete, stating the following affirmation (makes me feel more comfortable and confident and comes from sections of RM's and RB's work) "I am more than my body. I will perceive and remeber all that I encouter during this relaxation session. I will retain that which is beneficial to my phycical, enery and mental bodies.(The reason why I mention this is that I think it has been quite a value add to expanding my awareness of both the effect of enery work on my physical and enery bodies - for some or other reason I think this sounds strange but I will go with it)
    3. I then do enerygy work on my entire body and have somehow decided that I find this very relaxing and that it assists me in reaching a much deeper level of relaxion. The interesting thing though is that I have become aware of enery activity in the following parts of the body which I have not really noticed before: both areas on side of the body just under to the rib cage, spinning enery balls above palms of hands (about the size of a tennis ball above the palm of each hand), jaw, tongue and mouth in general, right side of chest (in line with heart but opposite side of body)
    4. I then experiment with diffirent ways of trying to deepen the trans and discovered that visulising walking down a winding stair case has a rather profound effect (Causes localised pressure on my left temple - the pressure is not severe and does not case pain or discomfort but was quite intimidating at first - why I thought it is intimidating I do not know).

The following things happen from this point onwards which is actually what I wanted to discuss but seems that I took the long road getting here feeling that background might add some value

I am not sure how to phrase all of this in proper english so bear with me:

1. I become aware of my enegy body (or other body) and spesifically notice floating sensations with regards to my hands, arms, head and legs. I have also realised that thought seems to have a tendancy to be able to change the position of these hands and arms (for example ... my hands are generally facing palms down on the bed. If I start feeling that they turn vertical, then moments later I become aware that they are now vertical instead of flat.) I have been experimenting with this a bit and noticed that movement is slow and tedious and one has to put alot of thought into getting them to change position.
    2. Being in this state and focusing on the energy body causes a audible "droning" sound that I would assume based on CFTraveler's earlier comments would be "Astral Noise"? I have learned not to be intimidated by this sounds as it get rather loud intially.
    3. This morning, a couple of minutes (feels like minutes) after experimenting in this state i felt a enery burst of sorts (this has happend twice earlier this week) and then become aware that the hands and arms feeling more nimble and respond must quicker to thought. Previously I was startled by the burst but managed to keep myself calm and relaxed this morning. This sensation lasted for about a minute after which I woke up and reflected for a while.

Some obeservations

1. The "mind split" seems to have a affect even in both light and deep trance state because if I fall asleep immediately afterwards, memories of these events are difficult to recall. It is easier to wakeup completely go through the sequence of events. Relax and then go to sleep (have not had problems sleeping after these session ... in fact ... been sleeping like baby
    2. For some reason, attempting to progressively transfer/focusing the mind/conciosness on the energy body (if thats makes any sense) triggers what I would consider a OBE.

Anyway ... hope you guys have a great day as mine started off just dandy!

Regards
    Daniel

danielnieuwoudt Guest

Clarification on observasions :-)

Me again. Just though I would add the other observations as they surface and clarify by what I mean when I say "Mind Spit" and "Energy Body"

1. When I become aware of my energy body (I use this as a loose term as I am trying to grasp the differences between my energy and astral bodies) it has a affect where you become aware that you have more than ONE body. You can feel distinct sensations that you have a duplicate set of limbs (if one can call it that). What I mean by this is:

(a) I can feel my physical hands and arms on the bed which are heavy and tingling.
    (b) At the same time I am "aware" of another set of hands and arms that respond to thought although this response takes alot of thought and manifestation of the thought happens in a delayed fashion ie. Think of changing the position of the hands and then later becoming aware that the change has occured. The delay however is maybe due to not understanding the process exactly.

2. The OBE trigger when focusing on the energy body may be due to the fact that I am trying to shift awareness outside of my physical body as I perceive the energy body to be part of the physical body yet either expanded or separting. By this I mean that I can feel my head (face) lifting away from my physical face. I am not sure however whether this is the enery body or astral body. (Very confusing in some respects because you know what you are aware of/feel but difficult to explain in writing)

Kindest Regards
    Daniel

Blog Entries
    I am not sure however whether this is the enery body or astral body.
    Yes, it is the astral (energy) body. Awareness is the first step to a succesful separation.

danielnieuwoudt Guest
    Hi CFTraveler

OK. From your statement I would conclude that the enery body = astral body. Are they different subtle bodies or the same subtle body as the impression that I am getting (maybe incorrect) that they are different subtle bodies.

Basically what I am trying to figure out is what is the process of generaton and which bodies are involved:

ie. Physical => Enmeshed Energy Body which generates => Astral Body?

Regards
    Daniel