Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dreaming without sleeping

HorseBox Guest

Dreaming without sleeping

Something Ive noticed is whenever im up long enough on meth dreams start coming through while im still awake. I know for a fact I hadnt gone to sleep but I start remembering new dreams with details from the same day so i know theyre not old dreams. Theres always real bad feelings accompanied with the dreams.

Sometimes its hard to tell whether what I just dreamt happened or not I have to examine the details to come to the conclusion it was a dream.

Anyone ever had the same thing happen?

It is a symptom of severe sleep deprivation. If you can't dream enough while you are asleep your body will get desperate and make you have your dreams while awake and otherwise functioning. This is obviously not good. I wouldn't expect the dreams to be pleasant while your mind and body are under this kind of stress. If you mean to say that this is the sort of experience you are currently having, I'd like to suggest getting help breaking that meth habit before it kills you. Another thing to be aware of since meth is involved is that your dopamine levels are going to be depleted and this will do strange things to your mind and your moods. My guess is that you are going to need antidepressants for a few years - but I'm not a doctor, and that really is just a guess. And with the dry mouth that meth causes, my guess is that you will also be needing the services of a dentist, but that can wait until you are sleeping again and your moods have been stabilized some.

Blog Entries
    Something Ive noticed is whenever im up long enough on meth dreams start coming through while im still awake. I know for a fact I hadnt gone to sleep but I start remembering new dreams with details from the same day so i know theyre not old dreams. Theres always real bad feelings accompanied with the dreams.

Sometimes its hard to tell whether what I just dreamt happened or not I have to examine the details to come to the conclusion it was a dream.
    Horsebox, this is just tripping out. Essentially, you're losing control of your behaviours and your ability to differentiate between reality and hallucination.

I heard an indepth report on crystal meth last year. Doctors treating addicts found them the most difficult of the addicted to deal with, especially their sexual behaviour. The damage it does the brain is apparently permanent. It damages the body too.

There are 3 years and 5 months between these two photos of a user.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

HorseBox Guest
    I never had a meth habit and I doubt I ever will. I just had some interesting experiences with it in the past. Its bad ♥♥♥♥ and I only use it the odd time. I think though like all drugs it can be used as a tool if used right.

Blog Entries
    Yet it seems that every time you post about an unpleasant experience, it starts with 'one day I did meth and this happened.' Do you not see the connection?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseBox
    I never had a meth habit and I doubt I ever will. I just had some interesting experiences with it in the past. Its bad ♥♥♥♥ and I only use it the odd time. I think though like all drugs it can be used as a tool if used right.
    As far as I'm concerned the only reason you should bring it up is if you are looking for support here while at the same time you are getting help kicking the habit. Qualified professional help. I don't care if this dreaming while awake thing only happened once - it clearly means the drug is in control and you have a problem.

IMO, I think it was generous of CFTraveler not to just ban you.

HorseBox Guest
    This isnt a drug rehabilitation forum. I was talking about dreams flowing in while im still awake. Its odd stuff. Its as if my minds in two places at once when it happens. I know for a fact I wasnt sleeping but all of a sudden I get new memories of dreams which seemed like they occupied some time but the whole time I was awake and I wasnt even daydreaming or thinking about the things I suddenly remembered.

Forget I said anything about drugs and ponder the thought. In my opinion its a strange phenomenon to be looked into no matter what state of mind I was in. How could I have been dreaming when the whole time my mind was alert and occupied with what I was doing. Was it my subconscious that was dreaming? Imagine your just sitting there doing something and you start remembering new dreams but you hadnt even gone to sleep and dont remember actually participating in the dreams.

That sparks a thought in my head. What if the same we dream up our dream selves, our dream selves dream up us and theyre the ones sleeping where were awake. When you mess around with your patterns your dream self wakes up at the same time as you and theres a clash so thats what causes all these bad feelings.

Theres a crackpipe theory for you.

Blog Entries
    It's an interesting thought HB.

Similarly but a bit different, I've had dual consciousness during dreams. At least twice now I've brought back dual memories of a simultaneous dream and OBE. It wasn't just bilocation in the usual sense but full and separate experiences happening at one time. It was then just a matter of transferring consciousness into the OBE, though then dream elements seemed to become part of the OBE to varying extents. It was different too to the experience of an OBE in a dream, which I've had many times and most recently a few days ago. In this case, the dream memory dominates even though one senses an OBE took place.
    Williams)

U-Mos Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseBox
    that sounds like a horrible excuse, your obviously in denial and any experience that meth gives you is all just a hallucination and no good will come of it unless you want to look like your grandparents.

if your going to use a drug as a tool at least use a proper one
    DMT is illegal in the United States for recreational use. The only people that are allowed to use it are part of a Brazilian religion, and that decision is pending appeal by the govt. in the Supreme court. Mod.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4458873.stm

Blog Entries
    I think we should give Horsebox a break now. He knows we care enough to dissuade him from use of a very nasty drug but let's care enough to give him some peace now and maybe someone would like to respond to this other than in the way we already have:

Forget I said anything about drugs and ponder the thought. In my opinion its a strange phenomenon to be looked into no matter what state of mind I was in. How could I have been dreaming when the whole time my mind was alert and occupied with what I was doing. Was it my subconscious that was dreaming? Imagine your just sitting there doing something and you start remembering new dreams but you hadnt even gone to sleep and dont remember actually participating in the dreams.
    Williams)