Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dreaming without sleeping

HorseBox,
    I think I've experienced what you are talking about. Although I've always called waking dreams visions.
    If drugs can put you into a state of higher conciousness then it is also something you can do on your own. This ability is natural for all humans, but it does come easier to some.
    There are some native cultures that use drugs for this purpose and there are others that do it naturally through fasting and meditation.
    It is very important to realize that when you are in this state your chakras are open and you can be vulnerable to lower energies. There is a real need to examine your intentions while trying to develop higher awarness. Your intentions vibrate out from you and exhist in your auric field. It is your aura that will determine the energies/spirits that will be attracted to you, as like attracts like.
    Messages are enigmatic sometimes because we recieve symbols. What better symbol than something that has occured that same day?
    If I was you, I would start journaling your experiences so you can figure out how to bring this state on naturally. I think you could have a very useful tool for helping people if you educate yourself and practice.

Blog Entries
    Mishell,
    I found your explanations very interesting, especially about intent.

I'd like to know more about how intent influences the results of energy work. Can you give more detail?

Thanks,
    Oliver

I believe intent influences everything we do. In the case of energy work we are opening ourselves to the energy of the universe. If we are not specific, we can also be opening ourselves up to low lying energies. If we go into energy work for selfish reasons, what we attract are the energies that have are selfish as well.
    There is an often repeated saying, "when the student is ready, the teacher will come". This happens because our desire to learn is exhisting in our energy field and these so-called teachers will be attracted to that energy. The universe conspires in our favor all the time to bring to us the things and/or events that exhist in our energy fields, even the things we don't want or the things we are not conciously aware of.
    Our intent sets the stage for our experiences.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I can relate to that.

The more determined I became to get my energy work to help with emotional self-improvement, the more it became so. After some time I met a new friend here that was coming from a rather different background but taught me a lot to improve my energy work - when I needed someone to do so. I needed it at that stage, and it manifested.

Is this like what you mean?

Thank you,
    Oliver

Yep. that's a good example.
    In my case, I want to use energy to help other people. So I study, study, study. I joined a couple of forums to learn new things, techniques, concepts that resonate with me. I am doing all that, but I find I'm also able to say things and share expiriences that help others. That was my original intent after all. Another example of how the universe conspires to bring our intentions to fruition.

Blog Entries
    Hello, Mishell.

I find your use of the word "conspire" very unusual - but I know what you mean.

Thank you,
    Oliver

Blog Entries
    Mishell,
    I have thought a bit about intent in energy work, and I remember how some people report only positive stuff (like Aunt Clair), and others warn about many techniques.

When I think about it a lot of those who report about dangers in energy work are for example martial artists. Also I think the desire for power of any kind can expose the practitioner to risk, especially the power over others or power that could be used against others. Also the craving of psychic powers just for the sake of having them (the "wouldn't it be fun" attitude ) seems to carry more risk.

I think the intent that allows the most "riskless" development is the one of self-improvement for the benefit of yourself and others, but that's just my personal hypothesis.

What do you think?

Be well,
    Oliver

I think you must be right. But I only have my own experiences to judge from. My experience with other energies/entities has always been very positive and loving. And yet, at the same time, it can be frustrating. I am not the most patient person, and they all want to "fix" me before I go out and "fix" the world. Maybe in fixing myself I do fix the world....? I don't really know.

I can't comment on other people's motives. We can't know what motivates someone else. It's hard enough finding the framework of my own motives. And even after I think I have that part figured out, I am reminded that I don't. Last week, for example, I was upset about something. I said to myself, "What's wrong with wanting to be sucessful?" And then there was my guide saying to me, "Sucess is not wrong and you know that, but what you want is recognition, and that does not serve a higher purpose." That's hard to acknowledge about myself, but she's right.

I am hesitant even posting this because I feel like there people waiting to jump on what I say, but I honestly believe that we we come into each incarnation with specific things we are to accomplish. If we wander onto the "wrong path" we will be diverted. Some people may experience this as a scary encounter with "lower" energies. But what if they are not lower or negative, and are only trying to show us that this is not the path we were meant to take.

I don't know, Oliver. But I am certain that at the core, what I really want to do is help other people be OK with their place in the world, and like themselves in the process. And that could be the reason my spiritual experiences have been positive.

It seems to make a big difference whether you believe that there is a plan and a purpose for each of us or if you see all of existence as an unfortunate accident in need of correction. I tend to see most people's lives as nightmares they need to wake up from.