Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is NEW energy ways hypocritical for a humanist?

Akashic_Librarian Guest

Is NEW energy ways hypocritical for a humanist?

I am a Humanist (check out http://www.humanism.org.uk) and i am wondering if NEW energy waves or OBE's are hypocritical towards my belief system. I personally don't think it is as it is not based on a god but still..
    any insight on this would be great!

Planet_Jeroen Guest
    I'm not trying to offend you, but at most, it's the other way around.
    NEW is a system, that teaches us how to manipulate our energy bodys.

I havent seen any judgement in it, just lessons, and exercises.

Regards,

Jeroen

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    Could you explain what you mean i don't think i quite understand

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    Hmmm, the website says that a Humanist doesn't have religious or supersticious beliefs.

If you count 'spiritual' into those categories, then I'd say Yes. Personally I consider myself spiritual without being religious or superstitious - keep in mind this is MY belief. So you need to decide for yourself.

If you feel drawn to spiritual beliefs, maybe you need to be lenient on yourself concerning Humanist beliefs. I personally don't see why you can't be both. But again this is MY belief. Decide for yourself.

I know Catholics that don't listen to the Pope. I know Christians who have no problem believing in Angels and others who think that it's hypocritical to believe in Angels.

This is NOT to judge anyone as right or wrong. This is about PERSONAL BELIEFS. So I say, if you can be a Humanist and leave yourself the door open to be 'spiritual', 'religous', 'superstitious', or whatever aspect you want to call it - when why can't you?

Be true to yourself.

If you can't merge the two - maybe you can keep yourself UN-labeled and just be who you are. Just food for thought.

Dragon's Daughter

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    Thnxs for that i personally don't believe that i am in the wrong i just wondered what others think!

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    I think alot of it depends on if you consider NEW spiritual or not. Some consider it simply energy exercises and techniques as Jeroen states above. Others like myself, see it as a spiritual tool along a journey of soul development or whatever you'd like to call it.

Neither is right or wrong, in my opinion.

Dragon's Daughter

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    I think that NEW is a scientific system that connects us to spirituality and as the spirit is a physical thing (i use the term loosely) i believe that it is a perfectly normal thing (if not a little misunderstood)

Planet_Jeroen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashic_Librarian
    Could you explain what you mean i don't think i quite understand
    NEW is a step by step guide, nothing paranormal, supersticous or religious about it.

OBE's are experiences that can be trained as well, nothing paranormal, supersticous or religious about that either.

Learning to read is similar to these things actualy, tho what you can do with it vastly differs. To people who don't understand it, it might seem supersticous or even religious, depending on which book you read, but if you take the core skills needed, it's all verifyable, thru doing the exercises.

Regards,

Jeroen

Apex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet_Jeroen
    NEW is a step by step guide, nothing paranormal, supersticous or religious about it.

OBE's are experiences that can be trained as well, nothing paranormal, supersticous or religious about that either.

To people who don't understand it, it might seem supersticous or even religious, depending on which book you read...
    The more posts of yours I read Planet_Jeroen, the more I am inclined to believe we think alike.

Anyhow, I believe there are good points here. NEW is only as spiritually coherent or conflicting as you make it. You can take it for scientific (as you do (@Akashic_Librarian) ), or spiritual, or somewhere in between.

But really, for that matter, anything can be taken that way. I could consider my job intimately spiritual if I really wanted to.

If you consider it to be purely scientific, I'm not sure how it could conflict with your spiritual life. That's not to say science and spirituality are different things, but I don't want to get into that.

AllRealNumbers Guest
    NEW is about empowering the human being to explore his own universe empirically in ways beyond the means of mundane life. It expands the senses to encompass not just physical reality, but another reality beyond what we think of as "physical." I'd say there's nothing non-Humanist about it.

But please be open to the fact that something may happen to you while practicing NEW, and the art of OBE, that provides a valid reason to change your beliefs.

Personally, I think the existence of the astral plane, as it becomes accepted in the mainstream literature (sooner rather than later, I hope), will do a lot to reduce the tensions between empirically-minded, humanist types and those who view the world as the expression of the will of a higher power. But it *will* raise difficult questions, to be sure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast