Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is NEW energy ways hypocritical for a humanist?

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    Well of course thought takes time, you know I mean far future. Men may pray to alter things that have already happened, but I've never seen that as too successful.
    I see no reason to deny that God can inspire one to such a prayer. And I do not doubt God's power to fulfill what God has inspired one to ask for.

Suppose, for example, that you were waiting for someone at a train station, not knowing whether the person you were waiting for had gotton the train or not. Who is to say whether a prayer said in such a moment may, in fact, have some causative influence?

That's cool about the limbs moving before the signal gets to them, I'll have to look into that, where's that from? The nervous system is really cool, I've been thinking of studiyng it. I think it's kinesiology or reflexology or something...
    I read that recently. I think it was in connection with the so-called Brainless Student
    (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...inless+student).

tyciol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    I do not doubt God's power to fulfill what God has inspired one to ask for.
    I do!
    Who is to say whether a prayer said in such a moment may, in fact, have some causative influence?
    Who indeed, I'd surely have to hear a good reason for that, by default it doesn't happen.

Who is to say whether a prayer said in such a moment may, in fact, have some causative influence?
    Who indeed, I'd surely have to hear a good reason for that, by default it doesn't happen.
    I will try to find the reference.

There, is -- by the way -- another explanation that does not require any violation of a strict temporal sequence. One simply has to accept what I have said many times... that it is the form, or soul, of an animal that determines how the parts act; rather than the parts themselves. The case of the Brainless Student would seem to illustrate how that explanation must remain open.

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    I never expected my post to get this long

Blog Entries
    One more post to add:
    That's cool about the limbs moving before the signal gets to them, I'll have to look into that, where's that from? The nervous system is really cool, I've been thinking of studiyng it. I think it's kinesiology or reflexology or something...
    There is reference of this phenomenom in "Molecules of Emotion", by Candace Pert,Ph.D.- She explains that the nervous system isn't just neurons shooting electrical impulses that start in the brain and end in the target area, there is a second chemical pathway in the body that is part of the nervous system in which the "target area" sends chemical messengers (neurotransmitters-despite their name they are produced all over the body and are sometimes sent to the brain which in turn does the electrical impulse thing- so that the whole body is simultaneously making decisions about all kinds of things, instead of exclusively the brain telling it what to do. (my wording-CF.)
    a small quote:
    "...your brain ia extremely well integrated with the rest of your body at a molecular level, so much so that the term mobile brain is an apt description of the psychosomatic network through which intelligent information travels from one system to another. Every one of the zones, or systems, of the network-the neural, the hormonal, the gastrointestinal, and the immune-is set up to communicate with one another, via peptides and messenger-specific peptide receptors. Every second, a massive information exchange is occurring in your body."-
    - page 188-189.
    Author's italics.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashic_Librarian
    I never expected my post to get this long
    We were getting a bit off subject...

So I have created another message where we might continue...

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?p=8860#8860

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    One more post to add:
    There is reference of this phenomenom in "Molecules of Emotion", by Candace Pert,Ph.D.- She explains that the nervous system isn't just neurons shooting electrical impulses that start in the brain and end in the target area, there is a second chemical pathway in the body that is part of the nervous system in which the "target area" sends chemical messengers (neurotransmitters-despite their name they are produced all over the body and are sometimes sent to the brain which in turn does the electrical impulse thing- so that the whole body is simultaneously making decisions about all kinds of things, instead of exclusively the brain telling it what to do. (my wording-CF.)
    a small quote:
    [quote:3gznjl0e]"...your brain ia extremely well integrated with the rest of your body at a molecular level, so much so that the term mobile brain is an apt description of the psychosomatic network through which intelligent information travels from one system to another. Every one of the zones, or systems, of the network-the neural, the hormonal, the gastrointestinal, and the immune-is set up to communicate with one another, via peptides and messenger-specific peptide receptors. Every second, a massive information exchange is occurring in your body."-
    - page 188-189.
    Author's italics.[/quote:3gznjl0e]
    Please refer to http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?p=8860#8860 for my response...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5