Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini

Blog Entries

Kundalini

Thanks, Celeborn, that has got to be the most understandable article on Kundalini rising I have ever seen! Thanks for everyone's help. I have never tried to do it, but have experienced some phenomena, and that's why I was curious about it- I have been meditating for years, but not necessarily for "awakening the chakras", and when I have used the system it has been as tools to "keep the mind empty"- but truly I have not read anything as helpful (and clear) as that quote. Thanks again!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Sumo7 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AllRealNumbers
    I had a recent experience with kundalini about three weeks ago, and it was a mixture of pleasant and unpleasant aspects. I did feel my chakras opening and becoming connected - a physically blissful, almost orgasmic feeling - but I was quickly swamped by the overabundance of energy and it took its toll on my psychologically. I am bipolar, and while I have been very stable as of late, the awakening of kundalini sent me into a full-blown manic episode where I experienced paranoid delusions, anxiety, and inability to cope with daily stressors for about three days. I had to get psychiatric treatment for it, and it ended up wrecking my progress in school for the semester; i've had to withdraw from classes.

Also, the energetic fallout has its plusses and minuses as well. I feel "stuffed up" with a thick, gooey energy that refuses to leave my body. All I can do is push it around, and it prevents me from doing smooth energy work. However, when I do exercises like chi gong, I get very strong sensations of a *large* quantity of energy being present, even if it isn't flowing well. I am still bodily healthy and have a decent amount of physical vitality though, so I don't think my energy system is truly dysfunctional right now. It's basically just resting from a period of overwork. I think the obstructive energy is there as an innate defense mechanism to keep too much energy from entering my body now, and that it will dissipate as I get ready to accept a greater flow. I feel that it will probably work out for the best, although I will probably have to take about a year off from doing any real energy work in order to wait for the blockage to clear.
    Great article!

I am bi-polar as well... what do you think about me even starting to use the NEW system for someone in my situation? I don't want to mess up what state of balance I already have. And while the benefits of NEW, even kundalini, sound great I just can't put myself at risk anymore with some kind of serious imbalance. Can you or anyone else expound on this?

That would really help out... thanks.
    J

sterlingindigo Guest
    This is a tough question that maybe only each can find the answer, within. Will kundalini practices help or harm you? Although I certainly wouldn't want to give any advice that would harm you, I do empathize and wish the very best for you so I offer my humble prayers and words.

For me, the precursors to my kundalini awakening all seemed to be very benign practices that I can't see anyone getting into trouble with. So why not start here. I always return to these basics which seem simple but are not easy. These are but not limited to: living a simple clean life, avoiding extremes of all kinds, eating healthy, and being good. These may appear oversimpifications and not very mystical but do lead to balance and confidence.

Maybe hold the ideas of specific breathwork, postures, visualizations, etc. for later until this foundation gives you the balance and confidence to proceed further, if necessary. I am very hopeful for you because your question posesses authenticity, honesty and humility (don't agree with the humility part too much ). Continue with these qualities and you will be on the right track to something special, I assure you.

tyciol Guest
    Funny thing about Kundalini... is spiteful youths like me probably wouldn't care if it hurt us a bit if it helped speed up the process of gaining abilities...

Can it really do permanent harm though? Intense pain might cause trauma if you're vulnerable to that I guess, but really, I don't fear for my sanity.

Apex Guest
    Robert claims to have died during the experience from 'physical shock' but it sounds more like a NDE.

Planet_Jeroen Guest
    Robert claims to have died during the experience from 'physical shock'
    That's something rather permanent. You die only once, unless it's clinical death.

Regards,

Jeroen

sash Guest
    Using common sense, a lot of the harm can be avoided.
    A good number of case studies have shown that rushing into work with kundalini invites permanent and quite serious damage which I consider worse off than death.
    Having said that, I share Tyciol's enthusiasm, but there are basic procedures one can do to prepare for kundalini to avoid all (or most of the serious) of the consequences.

Warm Regards,
    Sasha

tyciol Guest
    Do any of you think that for each of these forums there should be a sticky explaining the topic of the forum, what it is, where to find explanations and good guidelines for training, and which of Robert Bruce's writing relates to it (or people he recommends, if he hasn't written of it) for our reference?

Because my knowledge of Kundalini is still rather basic, and I'm sure that RB would have a more specific recommendation than to just Google it, right? Wouldn't all of you?

So, here's my understanding... Kundalini is an energy of life, one with the potential for power, but which can somehow be harmful (how I do not know, since I thought power and life are good things), which is why it is likened to a serpent of fire.

It flows from the base chakra, and up through all of the chakras until it reaches the top. As chakras are widened and energy flow in general increased in efficiency, it flows stronger.

I am guessing the root of the danger is that stimulating the power while there are still blockages might make it build up and explode, kind of like high blood pressure and an arterial blockage?

Anyway, assuming a good system and safe Kundalini entrance... what is Kundalini 'awakening' supposed to do? Is Kundalini awakening a simple on/off thing, or really a process that you never really begin or end at a certain point or time? We're never at 0 or 100 kundalini?

I'm assuming the increased energy would lead to increased energy, mental/physical/sexual/emotional, and also give one more energy to perform supernatural feats?

Is this that?

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    Here's a cool website on Kundalini Might answer some of your questions

http://www.kundalini-teacher.com/awakening/k.html

Apex Guest
    From what I've read, when you successfully raise Kundalini the first time, you're between 0 and 100 (to use your scale). Before that, in terms of the kundalini, you're at 0.

Now when you raise it the first time, you're not at 100. You have to raise it many more times to 'nourish' it, in order for it to raise to its full potential. Where exactly you are in terms of the span between 0 and 100 depends on the person.

As far as the premature raising, I am uncertain whether that puts you above zero. If it does, I imagine it's in the lower single digits.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast