Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kundalini awakening

Blog Entries
    andonitxo, since this thread is a mixed bag already, I have a question about sexual energy, maybe you did notice the same?

When I did energy work involving sexual energy every time I "lost a load" I felt depleted in a way. However, when I do not involve sexual energy in my energy work, the same feeling of depletion does not seem to occur.

How's it for you?

Oliver

Yes, there's a depletion phenomenon when "releasing". But to happen that the shoot must be complete. If you have a non fulfilling experience (sometimes it comes to soon, or the body posture is not the best for that, or whatever) the depletion seems to be not as radical.

Anyway, the energy can be gathered again taking up again the taoist practice (giving your body enough time to recover, of course). If you lose in the evening, you can be up again at night.

I use to pass from a sex-related practice to a non-sex-related one, just not to be very obsessed. I want to experience with testicle breathing right now.

If the depletion occurs with my partner, I feel very up. As if it would have happened an interchange of forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Tom, do I understand you correctly:

You say you had a "no pain, no gain" philosophy, so your body manifested pain to show you gain?

Or did you always work till pain arose, and now stop before that with better results?

Oliver
    What I mean is that pain is not a reliable indicator of progress. There are a lot of different ways to be miserable which have nothing to do with spiritual progress, and stress tends to cause the immune response to be weaker which leads to getting sick. My previous reason for basing things on pain was that it seemed like every time I did anything with energy at first there were negative side effects, and I thought that bigger side effects meant bigger progress. Now I know differently.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I understand. It is somewhat similar for me.

Oliver

I agree. But I also agree that pain inserts a message deeper in the brain.

I'm not pro-suffering, of course, but crisis has a big impact on a subject's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by andonitxo
    I agree. But I also agree that pain inserts a message deeper in the brain.

I'm not pro-suffering, of course, but crisis has a big impact on a subject's mind.
    That's due to the intensity of the situation. The flavor can either be pain or pleasure and either will have a big impact, so why not choose pleasure?

I agree with you. But it seems that crisis leads to guiltiness. When you feel guilty, it means there's someone else you've hurt. It's an opinion. I prefer not to suffer, but when I've commit some error, I've fixed it more rapidly if someone else was involved.

In other words: classical conditioning (literal translation from Basque). Your body will try to scape from pain by any means, so it will put all its best to learn from crisis. By the contrary, it will tend to pleasure, and that could debilitate it.

BUT I PREFER PLEASURE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4