Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Increasing awareness and lucidity

shedt Guest

Increasing awareness and lucidity

What tips would you suggest to strengthening your awareness, lucidity and such while having a lucid dream ?

I've read that looking at your hands is a good method.

What methods do you use ?

take care,
    -Shawn

Xap Guest
    Hi Shawn,

Alex gives some great advice there. In addition, regular energy work (like NEW) helps me a lot in increasing the overall level of lucidity in my dreams and the frequency of projection-related phenomena.

Happy flying!

Xap

Nazerel Guest
    I read somewhere that spinning was a good way to regain lucidity while dreaming. I tried this during a lucid dream a few weeks ago, and it seemed to work for a few seconds, but then I tried jumping through a window and woke up soon after.

Keeping calm seems to be the best way to hold lucidity, but this is often very difficult at times; I suppose practice can help with this.

shedt Guest
    oh yes I remember reading that too, spinning.

i think i tried that once in a lucid dream. i was only lucid for a short while in this dream.. which turned into a dream and i was talking to a Buddha.

It was really interesting dream which had a "bullet time" effect in it. i remember jump/diving through a glass window, before speaking with a Buddha. I'm not saying it was/is a Buddha, but in my dream it was. I wish I could remember what it was saying to me

oh well, maybe next time eh!

Dsmoke Guest
    For me, spinning is a method of transportation. It could possibly increase my lucidity, but the scene will have changed. It's a handy method for going somewhere else instantaneously.

To increase lucidity, I usually just yell, "INCREASE LUCIDITY NOW!" Works wonders for me

QuiesPhasmatis Guest

Spinning and dreaming

For me I've only spun around like that during a normal dream. Something made me remember to try spinning, but I guess it wasn't enough to make me lucid. In any account it did extend the dream, but it was also like a whole new dream because I was in a different place. I'll have to try it the next time I have a lucid dream to see the difference.

Kalonek Guest
    Hi ! A technic I found by personal experience which helps to keep lucidity AND stability to the LD (I mean, it prevents too from "overlucidity" which is very common and makes you wake up). It's really simple : as soon as you feel you are loosing lucidity or becoming "overlucid", look quickly around you to find something written. Anything, the text in itself is not important, it's just the fact of reading. In many cases, you won't even understand what is written (letters put together without sense). As soon as you have read the text, find another one (a car plate or what you can find). I find that it works VERY well. Since i have discovered this tip, i can stay as long as i wan't in LD.

In fact i even try to take a newspaper with me in my lucid dreams now, so that if I feel my lucidité is decreasing or becoming too present, i immediately read something.

knightlight Guest
    wow thats cool! Not a bad idea.

Kalonek Guest
    My theory about it is that by this way you push you subconscious mind to create a text that you can read, and therefore you give him a little more "power" and energy. Thus, the whole dream stabilizes and it prevents you from waking up (while keeping full lucidity).

Lion Guest
    My theory about it is that by this way you push you subconscious mind to create a text that you can read, and therefore you give him a little more "power" and energy. Thus, the whole dream stabilizes and it prevents you from waking up (while keeping full lucidity).
    There's something about going to sleep on a fantasy. I remember some old, Merry Melodies type cartoons where orphans go to Toy Land in their dreams. Heartfelt feelings are important. Paying attention to your thoughts is no easier than studying a bland encyclopedia with no pictures. Emotion is the secret ingredient that holds your interest, and energy follows focus.