Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Increasing awareness and lucidity

Chris Guest
    The best technique I have discovered is to stamp my feet and clap my hands as hard as I can. The stimulus produced seems to overpower the increasing stimulus from my physical body and so the dream environment becomes dominant and the physical fades.
    I've used this technique to create WILDS whilst visualising environments too.

astralspinner Guest
    I've found that meditating reinforces LD practice pretty well - I used reality checks through the day and other methods & managed to induce LDs a number of times. But they were always just dreams - I was never as 'awake' as I'd have liked, everything was too fuzzy.

But the lucid dreams I've had without even trying since taking up meditating have blown every other method away - far higher levels of awareness. In fact, in my last LD I felt so wide-awake that I made a deliberate effort to wake myself up & couldn't, because I was already fully awake within the dream! Plus it lasted a lot longer - instead of the annoying "Hey, this is a dream! Zzzzzzz..." that some other methods caused, I've been able to hold recent LDs for significant lengths of time, and control them a lot better too.

Tombo Guest
    Telling myself that the whole enviroment is just a mental construct helps me gain awarness and control. Looking at the hands as well as tring to meditate within a LD as well. talking to mayself helps also. Unfortunately I often do not take the time to increase my awereness properly

Good thread! hopefully I will increase my awarness more from now on.......haven't found the perfect methode yet.

star Guest
    I have only had a few lucid dreams. What works for me is snapping my fingers. I want to fly 'snap'

Different setting 'snap'

so on.

kevstar Guest
    I just yell out, "Give me clarity!" I used to spin around, but then it stopped working as well.

And one way to drop clarity like a rock for me is sex. It's too bad, too.

Psi Guest
    Your a human, and have primal instinct. Your primary instinct is to eat, sleep, and have sex. That's all. Humans are made to reproduce and pass on their genes. If someone had a dream where a nude of the opposite sex who was attractive, outside of the immediate family, and managed to -not- wind up having sex with them, I'd be very impressed.

Update: I salute you Krev...

kevstar Guest
    Psi, you may be impressed, because I have done it. I won't say it was easy, and I won't say it's the norm, but I have certainly done it a few times. I was very proud of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi
    Your a human, and have primal instinct. Your primary instinct is to eat, sleep, and have sex. That's all. Humans are made to reproduce and pass on their genes. If someone had a dream where a nude of the opposite sex who was attractive, outside of the immediate family, and managed to -not- wind up having sex with them, I'd be very impressed.

Update: I salute you Krev...
    There are situations in life that create an overwrite of this instinct. It's not a good thing. What happens is sex releives the energy body of bad energy, but in the process depletes good energy. To counter-balance this energy raising should be done every day. once the right balance is found this no longer becomes a problem.

Psi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon

There are situations in life that create an overwrite of this instinct. It's not a good thing. What happens is sex releives the energy body of bad energy, but in the process depletes good energy.
    And what tell me are the effects of not raising energy to counter this supposed "problem"?

Hegemony Guest
    I've had plenty of dreams with sexual content or nudity and I didn't act upon it. I guess my views on sex are very different than most people, but I'm not a slave to it nor do I fear it. You see plenty of food but you don't eat it all, correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast