Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why r u people doing this please?

itheblaze Guest

Why r u people doing this please?

I got on this site because I'm a fellowette astral travler. I love listening about others experinces. But why r u taking engery from your foot to your thigh? One lady said her whole leg heated up. I could understand if u had pain there and medicine didn't work. In that case, it seems to me a heating pad would be quicker and easier. I guess what I'm asking is what r u getting from all this time and effort? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Answer: Two reasons.

If you are asking why we move energy, then you haven't read Robert's tutorials on Astral Projection. We do this to stimulate the energy body and to learn to increase our energy for the generation of a projected double.
    If you are asking why do energy work for healing, then the question would be, we are made of energy, and energy flow assists in healing.
    A heating pad may be beneficial for some types of muscle problems, but detrimental to other types of muscle problems, because it promotes inflammation, and it really is up to a medical practicioner to determine what type of therapy is good for a specific injury or illness. Energy work, on the other hand, can be a good complementary practice to whatever else you're doing, and can't hurt.
    In other words, energy work is not recommended as a substitute to medical help, it should be considered independently of it, or as a complement to it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

itheblaze Guest
    Thankyou. I will now read what Robert has to say about this all. I have been able to AP all my life and create another me, towns, etc. without this engery work. So, if not broke don't fix it. My power to you-all of course. I do enjoy reading up on all these different things people do, even though I think simple is best.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely. But if you do yoga,almost any style any martial arts, tai chi, chi kung- and some forms of meditation you're already doing energy work. Hee hee!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

ghost_in_a_shell Guest
    yeah what he forgot to mention is that you could damage your energy body permanently and have a scare for life. even enough to not be able to project.
    I'm not done with this yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_a_shell
    yeah what he forgot to mention is that you could damage your energy body permanently and have a scare for life. even enough to not be able to project.
    I'm not done with this yet
    ghost_in_the_shell, where did you get this information from? A teacher, a book, a website?

Oliver

For ghost in the shell - Actually, Robert is very careful to point out the possible negative sides to even simple things like energy work & he repeats often that if anything untoward occurs while doing the work, you should stop.

To continue on over the top of strange sensations in spite of the cautions isn't a clever thing to do, but you shouldn't blame the person whose advice you ignored.

On a brighter side, it would be extremely difficult to give yourself permanent damage doing energy work - more likely the itching &/or pain simply creates a fear reaction that causes further problems. Overcome your fear of possible pain & the chances are you will find a healing process that works.

The way the mind works means that while you're scared of the hurt, the mind will not allow you (the being) to focus on the area of possible pain & this will hamper any healing you attempt.

I trust you have stopped energy work for now? Particularly in the affected area?
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Further info for ghost in a shell...

From the site you found the 'nerve burn' description...
    Quote Originally Posted by House Kheperu
    "Nerve burn" is a term I have coined to describe a condition I have often undergone and which I've heard described by many, many others. The sensation is like having pinched a nerve, but it comes only after working with energy. There is a painful tingling in the fingers and hand, and sometimes this extends all the way up to the elbow. A lack of coordination in the fingers can result, as can slight to severe trembling. Additionally, there can be streaks of pain which run down the wrist and arm, usually following the major energy channels. The muscles of that limb can also feel exhausted and trembling, and this will strongly resemble the kind of muscular exhaustion that results from an electrolyte imbalance after prolonged exercise.

One becomes nerve burned after shunting too much energy through a particular part of the body, (generally the hands, as these are the most common focus for any kind of energy manipulation or healing work). Basically, it's like running too much current through a wire. The wire can be damaged, if it doesn't burn out entirely. Fortunately for us, our "wires" can burn out, but they usually naturally repair themselves over time.

Nerve burn seems to be an effect which prolonged and unusually intense exposure to energy has on the nerves and energy pathways. In most systems which acknowledge vital energy and which have devoted some study to its understanding, the nerves are thought to either run parallel to the natural internal channels along which the energy courses, or they are themselves concurrent with those channels. Over-using those channels is just like over-using any other part of the body. Too much energy over too prolonged a time will result in pain and tingling, until the channels are allowed to rest and recover.

We cannot deny that vital energy, which is subtle and almost physically intangible, has a decidedly tangible impact upon the physical body. If this were not the case, we would not be harnessing this energy in order to affect a healing on another person. When healing, or doing other energy work, we channel that energy through our own bodies into the body of another in order to affect a physical change through a subtle act. If we assume that our subtle manipulations can have a physical affect on another person's body, we absolutely have to accept the fact that this inevitably will have a physical impact upon our own bodies as well. And for this reason, we have to take care.

The energy channels have to be seen as equivalent to any other part of the body. Pushing them beyond the limits of what they can safely handle will result in fatigue and pain. Like muscles, it is very possible that they can be pushed to a point where actual damage can occur, and this may take weeks or even months to heal. It is entirely feasible that pushing them well beyond their limits, especially successively over a number of times, will result in permanent and irreparable damage.

Safe Handling
    As with any exercise that could potentially overtax a muscle, the best approach to handling energy is to know your limits. In order to build strength and endurance in the muscular system, one must engage in regular exercise. This holds true for the energetic system as well. You cannot run out to a gym and expect to bench press 200 pounds the very first time you're there. You also cannot start working with energy and expect to be able to affect a massive healing with no previous preparation. You have to work up to it, and to try to force yourself to such a level immediately is idiocy, plain and simple. You are asking for all the pain and suffering that you get.

There is a delicate balance that must be struck here. Working with energy for prolonged periods of time can cause nerve burn. But if you are going to build up your strength and endurance for it, if you are going to increase your capacity, you must work with energy regularly. This is not a once a month thing, but more like a twice or three-times a week thing. It's just like exercise. Set time aside in your schedule, start in ten minute increments maybe three times a week, and stick to that regimen. Even this might exhaust you, but as you keep at it, you'll build your endurance. And when working with it that long and that frequently is no longer an effort, lengthen your exercise sessions to fifteen minutes at a time. Work up to thirty minutes, at least three times a week. Over time, you'll probably be able to do more, but I don't recommend anything over an hour at a time, and at least space this out for every other day. You don't need to be an energy Hercules, after all
    This is from this site
    Now if you read the article further, in fact if you read the first paragraph quoted, you will note this is not a permanent condition & it occurs whenever an energy worker pushes themselves too hard or too fast.

So try not to worry about your tingling thumb - the author of the article has apparently pushed him/herself far enough to have the arm up to the elbow react & is still around doing energy work.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

boris Guest
    We do energy work to gain more of the force that differentiates something living from something inanimate. although I still dont know if its worth the time I put into it.

paker7 Guest
    Why ?
    To be more like that energizer bunny !