Quote Originally Posted by enoch
I recommended a book in "movies and books, " check it out!
To be honest - apart from the many worlds (dimensions) hypotheses regards qp, I really don't comprehend why this subject is being peddled on a web site such as this. I mean - why no forum for neuroscience?
It doesn't add up?
Quantum mechanics is a fledgling science..and I fear that it's another case of "what is unexplained is fruit for the mystic."
I would guess that it's because quantum science is the first science that has postulated the possibility of the existence of alternate universes, nonlocality, and such phenomena which can describe some of the experiences reported by people who ob.
Neuroscience, in my opinion, would be also an useful topic because it (obviously- duh) explores the brain, but it's limitation is that it only looks at consciousness and altered states as products of the brain/and/or nervous system)- although I do think that that is fascinating in itself, and should be considered as a topic, maybe you can suggest it in the Forum Feedback?

Added on edit: Come to think of it, the title of this subforum is Q.P., Science and Spiritual Reality. So really, any scientific discipline that dares to encompass subjects that can be compared with spiritual themes are included, no need for a special subforum- there are many threads in this forum which includes neuroscience, and other scientific disciplines, biological or otherwise.