Thread: Recurring Elements

Serenity Guest

Recurring Elements

I suppose I can't call it recurring, with all of two nights in a row, but things happening more than one night in my dreams is so rare I always notice. Anywho, here goes...

First dream:

I was with a bunch of other girls, younger and older, and we were brought down this big hill to be ‘processed’. Some were taken away right away while some (including me) were taken to this long table where older women were sitting. We were then questioned. I didn’t even start to get questioned when an older lady came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. She looked at me, ‘hmmed’ a bit, and then nodded, pointing to my abdomen with her finger that had a sort of gold around it that showed up around my belly, too.

I knew that meant she ‘knew’ I was pregnant. I wanted to talk to her about it, given I didn’t ‘feel’ pregnant, but I knew being pregnant was getting me a better fate than the other girls, so I grabbed the girl beside me and said that she was with me, so hopefully I could save at least one person. I eventually grabbed about a half dozen other girls. I had to whine and fuss a bit, but I knew I could get away with it and that it would give the girls a better life – being my ‘handmaidens’ and such.

Second dream:

I was with a pregnant Maori woman (whom I somehow knew was having a son), two younger girls, and my husband, and we were standing at the end of a line of shops on a dock. I was staring at the woman's large belly (she had to be near due to have the baby), and she told me that I'm pregnant. I looked at her and started to get dizzy, nearly falling down the stairs behind me.

She looked to my husband and told him I wasn't getting enough b5 for the baby and that we needed to get me some b5 right away. We all wandered down the crowded dock. While the others searched the shops for b5, I stared at the waves. Suddenly, a large, older man came to me and took my arm. I was still disoriented and confused. He told me he could show me where the really big waves were and began pulling me.

My husband showed up and asked, "Who? Where?" before punching the man once. Then "How? Why?" before punching him a second time. Finally, he asked, "What do you think you're doing with my wife?"

While this happened, my vision cleared and I watched, stunned by my husband's protectiveness.

So those are my two dreams. The thing about them is, earlier, I saw someone I knew but don't like all that much. My first instinctive thought was, "I don't want him near my baby!" I got a flash of me protectively covering my very pregnant belly.

It's all been very weird, let me tell you.

Blog Entries
    Ehm... now would be the time for a pregnancy test, don't you think?

Thinking about what pregnancy in a dream might mean, I also think about "a new thing beginning", "sth born" or being "pregnant" with an idea.

Also I'm a bit alarmed about the settings - they're not exactly the most happy settings either...

Be well,
    Oliver

Serenity Guest
    Ha.

That's one of the things that gets me - the setting. I'm being told I'm pregnant by women who are older than me and have been through life stages I haven't been through, and the settings are places that are just... weird.

Alaskans Guest
    I think the settings being wierd is exactly the point, your going into new territory. You might not be pregnant, but you or your husband has given it some serious thought right?

Actually, all of it seems to be about fear of raising a family, including grabbing those other girls, the table with the old women... etc. It is all symbolic of different anxieties you have about having a baby. But like the gold light in the first part of the dream, if you did raise a child, I think he would shine.

Serenity Guest
    The only thing about that is why would apprehensions about motherhood rise out of nowhere?

I don't mean to argue, but that doesn't quite line up for me. I do have a lot of other changes in my life, though, so it makes sense that I'm protective of a symbolic 'pregnancy'.

It's just odd that these people had to tell me I'm pregnant. I would think I should have figured that out myself.

Alaskans Guest
    Good point, i didnt think of the pregnancy itself being symbolic, but why wouldnt it be? But then theres your reaction, almost fainting, what could possibly be so shocking to you in RL? This could be a dream for someone who actually studied symbolisms. Our subconcious really does know them, actually, I just interpreted this guys dream that involved water (emotion) and fire (purification etc), It turned out to apply real well to his life. What does pregnancy mean?

It also could be that none of it is symbolic. I've had plenty of dreams that were really straight forward, well put together, and sequenced, I think that those ones are either beyond ourself, or their symbolisms arent in the details. Like maybe you have a detailed and convincing dream about the end of the world, where you meet people, notice all kinds of things, but maybe all those details dont mean anything, you're just afraid to loose your house.

1One site said a happy increase in material wealth (yea whatever..)
    2Another said you may be working through a transition to a greater self awareness
    I would say according to the net, pregnancy means something new (stands to reason), I like 2, maybe you will enlighten to something profound that will be almost unbeleivable to you? Ah actually that fits too, I mean, the girls being processed, maybe they arent destined to become enlightened and were off to be processed through ordinary life?

Well, Im all spent on this dream

Serenity Guest
    Nothing but an actual pregnancy would be so shocking to me in rl.

Thank you for your thoughts. I think you're right on the girls - I feel like I'm different from other women my age, so it only stands to reason as I take on more in my life that I feel even more separated.