I never thought I'd experience anything like this, but I am. Actually, the thought of aliens trying to abduct anyone astrally never occurred to me until these path few months.

The first attempt was in Feb. (I think; I don't keep tabs of time with events... I just remember events); I suddenly had a dream that I went to my front door, and there was a mini, generic UFO hovering there. It wasn't any larger than the size of my head. Everything was generic: the light it shined, and me being sucked up. I experienced raw fear, maybe even terror. I've only experienced that kind of fear in the less than a handful of nightmares I've had. Before I could go up, I resisted and broke sleep paralysis by tensing my neck and vigorously shaking my head 'no'. That night attempts were made three or more times in different dream settings, but ended up with me breaking paralysis each time.

The second time was a month later or more. I don't remember it too well, but basically, the same thing happened. Generic UFO, fear / terror, and me breaking sleep paralysis before I could be lifted. It feels as if my astral body is being sucked right out of my physical body.

Last night was a bit different. I didn't see any UFOs, but I felt as if I was trying to be sucked out of my body. I woke up, and the sensation that gives you goosebumps went through my body; whether it was from fear or 'something else', I'm not sure. What stood out most is that I kept hearing a repetitive chime / bell sound. It was a pattern of three, but I can't remember it exactly. It was monotonous, and softly repeated over and over in the three notes. Frankly, this creeped me out.

After thirty minutes or so, I decided to try and sleep again, this time with my arms crossed like a pharaoh (my pattern of thought is vague from then, but it's something like crossing your arms blocks off energy [closed body language]). This time I felt as if my hands were being sucked out first, and I could see them as purely white light (like Raiden's body in that old game, to use an example). I broke paralysis again, and immediately after, I heard, right next to my ear, an exhale, or a sigh. I thought it was me, so I tried exhaling. But I realised I could feel myself exhaling, and when I heard the original exhale, I was holding my breath.

My question is, after lurking about these forums today and recognising that there are positive and negative beings, are all abductions / encounters so fearful and terrorising? And if there is any explanation to what is happening to me, where can I find it?

I've studied the esoteric / occult off and on... more than you're (albeit stereotypical) Witch / Wiccan, and a lot less than your hardcore Mason / QBList. I'm just barely touching on QBL and Alchemy. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but otherwise... I've never really thought about aliens extensively, besides media programmes on TV that talk about aliens (which I passed as interesting fiction--now I'm not so sure).

I know more encounters will happen, whether is will be tomorrow, or next month, or next year. I was thinking that I would just go along, and see what happens. If I don't like what is happening, I could break paralysis again. Are there any cautions I should take? I do, after all, consider myself adventurous, and I dislike crippling fear.