Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Phonophobia

One of my problems I broke down into 2 affirmations, having to do with the inability to cry and holding my emotions in. I did the full sequence on my inability to cry. Not much happened, but I felt a little bit "lighter" I guess you could say. I did the next sequence on holding my emotions in. When I was done I burst into tears and said I feel like such a failure! The words shocked me even as they were coming out of my mouth. The true problem was that I feel like a failure. So, I did the sequence again with the newly discovered problem as the basis for the affirmation. You need to remember to use the reminder phrase throughout the entire sequence. This is important.

I always feel a sensation like energy is being released when I tap on the correct spots. I don't know how else to describe that to you. There is a video on the website http://www.emofree.com/. I don't know if they show the correct tapping points or not, my computer won't play the video for some reason. I don't know how you got into EFT, but on that website you can print off a manual. I thought it explained things pretty well.

paker7 Guest
    [You need to have 20 posts to have links in your posts] If anyone wants it they can pm you.-Admin notice[/quote]

Hey Admin !
    This mod might make your life easier:
    http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=464628

From a fellow phpbb admin hehehe.

(Sorry to OP for OT)

Chris_com28 Guest
    No problem with the OT.
    I sort of unserstand what you mean now by the right affirmation. So you had a subconscious affirmation that was causing you to withhold your emotions in, but I'm not sure how that caused you to hold them in. I guess the right affirmation is important then. I just need to find the right one for me. I'm having CBT every week, the therapist should be able to help me find the right affirmation based. The whole therapy is sort of similar to EFT aswell, at least the affirmation part of it.

I sort of know what you mean by tapping the right points. I sort of get this feeling that I've tapped the right stop but I'm still not sure.

Chris_com28 Guest
    I'm not sure EFT has been working much. I felt using mantras helped a bit though. I found them on mantra-meditation.org and played them to me when I fell asleep. I'll try the EFT again soon aswell.

Chris_com28 Guest
    So how long should it take for EFT to work? I've tried it quite a few times with no noticable effect at all.
    I thought about doing biofeedback and have spoken with someone about recording their voice for stimuli. Does anyone here know if it would help much? I think it helped when someone I live with kept slamming his door (he has OCD). It actually felt a bit karmic as I only had about about one session and when I learned to cope with it he stopped it. Has anyone else managed to cope better with phonophobia with biofeedback? I can't seem find anyone about it on Google.

So how long should it take for EFT to work?
    I have noticed it is different for every problem. Sometimes I feel immediate results. Last night I had a really bad headache, did EFT on it and it took almost an hour to go away. (But an hour was better than the week it would have taken without using EFT. )

Chris_com28 Guest
    An hour? I haven't even come close to that. Maybe I'll do that one night. It's going to take at least a few days before I get the stimuli and my heart is becoming even more blocked.
    I read you can also do a chakra clearing with EFT. I should have some time tonight. I'll see if I can make it work this time.

The biggest obstacle to overcome is doubt. Just know that it will work and it will.

I wish you the best.