Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Consequences of a Kundalini Awakening

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest

Consequences of a Kundalini Awakening

Hey guys, if you want to read about some of the consequenses of a kundalini awakening, visit Bob Boyd's Kundalini Survival and Support Forum. I awakened my kundalini after about 5 years of meditation and I've had some intense moments. Be careful if you're trying to consciously awaken your kundalini. There are many horror stories of kundalini awakenings gone wrong.

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest
    I have been a member of Kundalini Survival and Support for about 2 years now. It has many caring members who have lived through kundalini awakenings and continue to help one another.

star Guest
    I think its much more rare to have such a powerful experience, than to need help recouping. Thanks though.

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star
    I think its much more rare to have such a powerful experience, than to need help recouping. Thanks though.
    I used to think so too, until it happened to me after meditating for a few years. It really is a powerful experience though and not something that should be played with, unless you know what you're getting in to, because once it is active, it cannot be turned off. It's also more common than you might think.

Mahavatar Babaji, how do you feel about giving Shaktipat at a distance? I'd like to receive it and I bet that Star would as well. So far we have experienced nothing of the sort of thing that you have described and we would like to very much.

Blog Entries
    I think it might be rare, too, but I certainly could have used the support when I had a spontaneous Kundalini awakening (I've written about it elsewhere on the board; suffice it to say it nearly killed me and took years to recover, and that's not an exaggeration). Mind you, I didn't know what the heck Kundalini even WAS at that time, so it was hard to find any support. People mostly just thought I was crazy (I thought so, myself, what else was I supposed to think?).

However, if 1) I'd known what it was and 2) I'd been able to get support while undergoing the transformation that the Kundalini awkening wrought, I would have welcomed it gratefully.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Mahavatar Babaji, how do you feel about giving Shaktipat at a distance? I'd like to receive it and I bet that Star would as well. So far we have experienced nothing of the sort of thing that you have described and we would like to very much.
    I'll try sending you some shaktipat tonight Tom. I'll focus on your picture and direct energy to you. Let me know if you feel any different. Kundalini is a very real phenomenon, but lies dormant in most people, though it can be activated.

Could you please focus more on the full raising of the energy than on its activation? That would be the part with the most dramatic side effects. I won't have any particularly difficult transits coming up until November (Saturn opposition Moon), and it has been over two weeks since the last one (Saturn opposition Sun). It really would be best to have as much activity as possible this month, September, and October. Don't worry about being gentle; it takes a shocking amount of energy just to get my attention so that I know something is going on. Also, it may help to know that I ride the city bus rather than driving most days including today.

(edit 7 August 2007, 9:09am)

Did you send it at about 11:10pm my time? That would be GMT -5 or US Central Daylight Savings Time.

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest
    I should also mention that there is some aspect of 'luck of the draw' involved with awakening the kundalini. From what I have learned, some people are destined to awaken their kundalini in their current lifetime, either by meditation or even spontaneously, while others will not be able to awaken it regardless how hard they try meditating.

Don't feel discouraged though. The best thing to do is meditate a little everyday as part of your spiritual practice. If your kundalini is destined to awaken then it will. There's more to life than awakening your kundalini. I believe that kundalini is just part of our natural spiritual evolution process. It will happen at some point.

star Guest
    Tom was right when he thought that I would like to recieve as well. DO you mind sending to me?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast