Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Consequences of a Kundalini Awakening

Blog Entries

Re: Kundalini Survival and Support

The last link, above, didn't work when I followed it. This one does, though:

http://www.kundalini-support.com/bb/index.php
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Very nice forum. I especially liked the "How to be a Cult leader" video.
    Warning: Even though it is a good film, it starts out with a very violent and shocking image. Then it just gets interesting and amusing.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I especially liked the "How to be a Cult leader" video.
    *takes notes*

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest

Bob was doing some more modification to the kundalini forum. He has been living with kundalini for over 30 years or so now.

ariesr Guest

.....suffice it to say it nearly killed me and took years to recover,

would it be possible to elaborate a little, or is it such a mixture of effects in different ways that it's hard to describe exactly what you say nearly killed you?

I was aware of kundalini many years ago, but recently have beocme more interested in it purely for exploration, and preparation. I've got other things I want to do first which may prepare me for the time I want to try.

To my understanding the Kundalini (coiled snake/serpent) at the base of the spine is impossible to raise permanently in an accidental manner.. one can glimpse its awakening to a degree via consistent Pranayama practice (this is for single students), transmuting the potent creative force into a spiritual or more rarified form of energy.

In other words for the Kundalini to genuinely raise through the shushumna (central) channel within the spinal column permanently the student must be actively performing sexual transmutation with their spouse, must be working with the elimination of their psychological aggregates (egos, defects) in order to puryify the mind and free trapped consciousness (within these aggregates), and must be conserving their sexual energy (this is kundalini, sexual energy) so therefore if you are having orgasm you are wasting this energy by expelling it, not to mention the damage it causes on the central nervous system when one has the orgasm.

Some quotes:

"Actually, [..] the sexual organ is utilized, but the energy movement which is taking place is, in the end, fully controlled. The energy should never be let out. This energy must be controlled and eventually returned to other parts of the body. And here we can see there is a kind of special connection with celibacy." - Quoted from "The Good Heart," H.H. the Dalai Lama

"Although I am using this ordinary term, sexual climax, it does not imply the ordinary sexual act. The reference here is to the experience of entering into union with a consort of the opposite sex, by means of which the elements at the crown are melted, and through the power of Meditation the process is also reversed. A prerequisite of such a practice is that you should be able to protect yourself from the fault of seminal emission. According to the explanation of the Kalachakra Tantra in particular, such emission is said to be very damaging to your practice. Therefore, because you should not experience emission even in dreams, the tantras describe different techniques for overcoming this fault." - The 14th Dalai Lama

Purify your heart, clean your thoughts, curtail your appetite and conserve the semen.

If thoughts are durable, so too will be the semen; if the semen is durable, so also will be the power; if the power is lasting, the Spirit will be as well.

The power of the kidneys is located under the symbol of Water. When the impulses are roused, it flows downwards, goes outward, and produces offspring. When it is directed back by the power of thought, filtering upward to the crucible of the creator, it refreshes and nourishes heart and body, it is the reflux method. - Secret of the Golden Flower

Now the question is, if the Kundalini cannot be accidently raised... what are these people experiencing? I have worked with this energy and continue to do so via Pranayama (I am single) and the effects that are produced vary depending on my concentration and effort when practicing. The effects felt are of a pleasant nature and seem to be powered by ones own willpower and concentration. The effects are very adaptable, meaning iy feels natural and progressive and brings a feeling of development in a positive direction.

For this and other reasons I have my doubts about the negative symptoms people feel which are labelled as Kundalini awakening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon00
    To my understanding the Kundalini (coiled snake/serpent) at the base of the spine is impossible to raise permanently in an accidental manner.
    Depends on how you define "accidental". I specifically asked for, intended, wanted, and submitted to transformation. I had no idea what I was asking for, but I most certainly got transformation, and everything that I've read indicates that part of my "spiritual emergence", as it were, was definitely the rising of Kundalini.

For this and other reasons I have my doubts about the negative symptoms people feel which are labelled as Kundalini awakening.
    Fair enough. Feel free to doubt anything you wish. May you have peace in your surety and your conclusions.

In the meantime, support for those undergoing severe symptoms of spiritual emergence (whatever name you want to put to it or whatever ideology or dogma you attach to the events) is probably more beneficial than arguing about terminology.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

My doubts to the claims are based on personal experience working with the sexual energy, I do not wish to ignore the fact that there are many people suffering from negative or conflicting symptoms associated with stimulation of certain energies within their bodies. I have much respect for groups dedicating their helping hand to people who suffer from these symptoms.

However alot of people turn away from working with their Kundalini because of the warning label bestowed upon it by unlearned westerners, this is very damaging to a students spiritual progress. The reason being is that the sexual energy is the foundation to any (positive) spiritual progress, if one is not working with their sexual energy (Kundalini) via transmutation daily then one is not working with the foundation, therefore any spiritual progress will not have a strong foundation, this can spiral the student without their knowledge onto a (spiritually) deadly path.

I am putting this out to any people who have their doubts about their safety when working with this energy, I recommend them to read from people such as Vivekananda and Sri Swami Shivananda about how to genuinely work with their Kundalini.

During meditation you behold divine visions, experience divine smell, divine taste, divine touch, hear divine Anahata sounds. You receive instructions from God. These indicate that the Kundalini Shakti has been awakened. When there is throbbing in Muladhara, when hairs stand on their roots, when Uddiyana, Jalandhara and Mulabandha come involuntarily, know that Kundalini has awakened.

When the breath stops without any effort, when Kevala Kumbhaka comes by itself without any exertion, know that Kundalini Shakti has become active. When you feel currents of Prana rising up to the Sahasrara, when you experience bliss, when you repeat Om automatically, when there are no thoughts of the world in the mind, know that Kundalini Shakti has awakened.

When, in your meditation, the eyes become fixed on Trikuti, the middle of the eyebrows, when the Shambhavi Mudra operates, know that Kundalini has become active. When you feel vibrations of Prana in different parts inside your body, when you experience jerks like the shocks of electricity, know that Kundalini has become active. During meditation when you feel as if there is no body, when your eyelids become closed and do not open in spite of your exertion, when electric-like currents flow up and down the nerves, know that Kundalini has awakened.

When you meditate, when you get inspiration and insight, when the nature unfolds its secrets to you, all doubts disappear, you understand clearly the meaning of the Vedic texts, know that Kundalini has become active. When your body becomes light like air, when you have a balanced mind in perturbed condition, when you possess inexhaustible energy for work, know that Kundalini has become active.

When you get divine intoxication, when you develop power of oration, know that Kundalini has awakened. When you involuntarily perform different Asanas or poses of Yoga without the least pain or fatigue, know that Kundalini has become active. When you compose beautiful sublime hymns and poetry involuntarily, know that Kundalini has become active.
    [link removed by moderator; poster has fewer than the required 20 posts, please see forum rules for clarification and explanation]

Blog Entries

My doubts to the claims are based on personal experience working with the sexual energy
    Like I said, fair enough.

My position is based on personal experience, full stop. As I said, you're welcome to doubt anything you wish, based on your own experiences. I did mean that (wouldn't have said it otherwise).

However, it's my personal observation that if you force a tremendous amount of energy through a system that is not prepared to cope with it, the system will fail. Telling people they should be as prepared as possible before they awaken Kundalini seems like entirely reasonable advice to me.

I really don't want to argue. I can only speak from my own experience and my own perspective, and I can't and won't try to make anyone else see things the way I do. Arguing over the semantics of what is or is not "really" a Kundalini awakening or spiritual emergence or whatever is not really the energy I want to be nurturing in my life, though, so I'm going to just wish you peace and say once again that you're free to hold any opinion you wish, just as others are free to hold opposing ones. We may all be One, but we don't all have to have One Viewpiont (what would be the point of that?).

I want to make it clear that I am not attempting to force anyone into believing anything, they have their own experience to verify if they wish to do so, my posts are not aimed directly at you but to students wishing to learn more about the Kundalini experience and its benefits. I apologise if I have stepped on any toes, this was not my intention, I respect other peoples views and perspectives, regardless if it is in direct opposition of my view.

We all share a connection to each other regardless of opinions, beliefs, ideas, etc..etc.

Thats all I wished to say on the matter so this concludes my post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast