Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and NEW.

Triot Guest

Fibromyalgia and NEW.

Someone I know have this. Want to try a different approach in removing
    the pain sensations.

There are lumps around the muscle areas. During a massaging she
    describes something reminding me of chakra activity, then the pain is
    replaced with warm spots and high level of itching along the muscle.
    Itching replaces the pain, but after when these lumps are softened up.

I'll bring more details later. There is something interesting happening.

When I do the new on myself, I focus on one foot. Have both legs with
    about 10 centimeter apart. Focusing the awareness at the right foot
    then the tingling copy itself or start in the left foot I'm not working on.

The thought is; will this happen creating the sensation in one hand
    and then place it on another person? That the other person could
    sense the tingling.

She describes in this direction:

pain wanish at one point
    becoming warm (I can sense these warm spots, other areas are cold).
    itching inside the muscle
    small vibrations

I haven't asked if she can feel any tingling, but I'll do it the next time.

She eats a coctail of pills each day to have the pain removed.
    Sometimes it's so bad she doesn't want to be here anymore.
    It breaks my heart, so I want to basicly try a combination of
    NEW along with a mechanical massage.

I'll do a better description, but was hoping someone here could
    help me out with advice what to try.

Doctor told her she should try acupuncture. That basicly means
    they don't know what causes fibromyalgia and the doctor
    only works as a chemical harvesting field.

Acupuncture in my view is sticking needles into chakra points,
    the mechanical solution of activating chakra points. NEW is more
    mind to body in my view.

Blog Entries
    I have fibromyalgia. I've been working with NEW for a while and I'm finding that while it is helping with the pain, it's actually increasing the fatigue. I'm just doing the basic NEW program, and trying not to push myself too hard with it, and it does seem to be helping. I view the increased fatigue as a side effect that I will eventually get past.

This is my own theory, based on having done a fair bit of reading into research on fibromyaglia, but it's a condition that's related to a malfunctioning limbic system, that is, it's closely associated with anxiety/panic disorder, with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and with other similar disorders where your own body is bascially going into overdrive with the "fight or flight" thing. After a while, it gets to where you "over interpret" pain and fatigue the same way you "over interpret" danger or fear. Which is not to say you're "imagining" it or anything else. The pain/fatigue is definitely REAL. It's just that I believe that what would be a normal mild twinge in a person with a normally functional limbic system is, in a fibro sufferer, a very significant pain. (As I said, this is my theory, though it is based on study and experience).

One thing I can recommend for fibromyalgia that I KNOW works (at least, it does for me and has for other chronic pain sufferers) is brainwave therapy. Brainwave Entrainment has been extremely helpful for me, and combined with NEW, I think I may make a real breakthrough here, soon. The software I use is from Transparent Corp, you can Google it (I don't want to link to it because while I have enough posts to not break the rules, it IS a commercial site; Google will get you there ).

Oh, also, I highly recommend magnesium and calcium supplements for help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia, and cut out ALL use of aspartame (phenylalanine), which has been linked in more than one study to worsening symptoms of FMS. When I stopped taking aspartame, I was SHOCKED at how much better I felt! And then a couple months ago, I mistakenly consumed some of it (didn't realise it was in what I was having) and had a very significant relapse, so I'm very sure that there's a definite tie-in, at least for me.

I'd also say give the acupuncture a try. I've certainly considered it, and haven't yet ruled it out (I'm just trying other stuff first). I've heard a lot of good things about acupuncture as a treatment for chronic pain.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and as one of the millions of people in the States with out medical insurance, I had to get creative with my treatments.

A word of caution with massage. It can actually make the problem worse. I have tried it. If she is finding success with massage, then be sure she drinks lots of water before and after. The massage will release toxins that have built up in the muscles. This can cause her more pain and nausea. The itching could also be from the realease of toxins. I have experienced this too. Water helps.

With Fibromyalgia, the body is essentially stuck in Fight or Flight mode. It triggers the production of adrenaline. Adrenaline is only good in little bursts, not in a constant stream. This is very taxing on the system, causing the muscle tension, fatigue, depression, and problems with the organs. The key I have found in turning off the Fight or Flight is meditation. I also started taking the Bach Flower Essence called Rescue Remedy. (You can look them up here. http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm) Any time I have tried to skip one of the two things, I am absolutely miserable with pain. I've also noticed the longer Ive been practicing meditation, the less fatigued I am. I only need less than half of the sleep I used to require. (Also, since I started practicing AP, I have more energy than I could ever use.)

I can not comment on NEW. I have not tried it as it is written. However, I have been doing Quantum Touch on myself when the pain gets bad. It does help. When you run energy into another person, you risk depleting your own energy rather than "channeling" the energy. I would study this topic before you try to do it.

Blog Entries

Re: Fibromyalgia and NEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Triot
    Doctor told her she should try acupuncture. That basicly means
    they don't know what causes fibromyalgia and the doctor
    only works as a chemical harvesting field.

Acupuncture in my view is sticking needles into chakra points,
    the mechanical solution of activating chakra points. NEW is more
    mind to body in my view.
    Acupuncture is the release of energetic imbalances through the insertion of needles. It can remove energetic blockages in the body, breaking up their energy.

The problem is that clearing of blockages also releases the associated toxins, so great care must be exerted to not overdo it or the patient will experience fatigue.

All that can be done with acupuncture can be done with energy work as well, but it requires then to have the knowledge of the acupuncturist (or better: the mind/body intuition that comes from exploring your energy body yourself) and a good skill of dealing with energy. And there is only one person (you) instead of two (the healer and you) monitoring you.

OlderWiser,

you could have posted the link. It is not "illegal" to post on-topic commercial links.

I wonder why Brainwave entrainment helped. Did you chose programs that were designed to reduce stress?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Triot
    Someone I know have this. Want to try a different approach in removing
    the pain sensations.

There are lumps around the muscle areas. During a massaging she
    describes something reminding me of chakra activity, then the pain is
    replaced with warm spots and high level of itching along the muscle.
    Itching replaces the pain, but after when these lumps are softened up.
    Sounds like blockages, their softening and partial resolving. Perhaps you can try the following - try to draw the energy (after the softening) downwards with your hand, below her feet. Put your hands on the "softened spot" and draw below the feet. It might help making the spots stay gone (longer).

Can anybody tell me in more exact terms what fibromyalgia is? I have some notion about this, but I could really, really use a good description by someone who has it.

I might have it, I cannot say. I have many of the symptoms listed, but if so, my energy work seems to be an excellent countermeasure. I always thought of my symptoms in terms of stress and reduced stress tolerance.

Thanks,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    you could have posted the link. It is not "illegal" to post on-topic commercial links.
    Okay

http://transparentcorp.com/

I have two of their products, one of which lets you use any music as a carrier (I love that one).

I wonder why Brainwave entrainment helped. Did you chose programs that were designed to reduce stress?
    The session that I use is a combination of gamma waves and sub-delta waves, both of which have been shown to be helpful. The sub-delta, I know, is good for the limbic system. I don't know what the gamma does, but it seems to help, and it also is something of a mood elevator.

I do use anti-stress sessions, too, but only when I feel particularly stressed.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    And can you describe me the symptoms of fibromyalgia? Pretty please?

I mean - I can read the Wikipedia articles, and can say I have the symptoms, but I cannot say if the extent matches or ever matched.

So I could do with a more subjective account.

Oliver

Wikipedia did a pretty good job in describing it.
    This is from the book Reversing Fibromyalgia by Dr. Joe M Elrod

Symptoms:
    *anxiety and/or panic attacks
    *cardiovascular problems (dizziness, palpitations)
    *chronic fatigue and low energy
    *chronic widespread aches and pains
    *depression
    *gastrointestinal disturbances/irritable bowel syndrome
    *intolerance to cold temperatures
    *irritable bladder syndrome
    *memory and concentration problems (sometimes called brain fog)
    *neck and back pain
    *pelvic pain in women (painful menstruation) and/or PMS
    *poor circulation (cold hands and feet)
    *sleep disturbances and/or restless leg syndrome
    *stiffness and/or muscle twitching
    *soft tissue swelling in hands, arms, feet, legs
    *tension headaches and/or migraines
    *abnormal sleep patterns (interruptions in deep sleep)
    *TMJ
    *tenderness of at least 11 of the 18 specific anatomical sights

90% of people with Fibromyalgia are women.
    It is classified as an auto-immune disorder.

Fibromyalgia “personality”:
    driven
    anxious
    compulsive
    overachievers
    organized
    perfectionists
    “time-oriented”

Causes and/or Contributing Factors:
    *stress and/or depression
    *traumatic emotional/physical experience (accident, divorce, illness, abuse, etc.)
    *accumulation of toxins from refined foods, air, water
    *biological disruption of energy production
    *chronic fatigue
    *disruption of sleep cycle
    *a family history of Fibromyalgia
    *hypersensitivity
    *overwhelmed or impaired immune system (I’ve also read it could be an over-active immune system)
    *prolonged infection or illness
    *low levels of growth hormone
    *neurotransmitter and nervous system dysfunctions
    *nutrient and oxygen deficiencies
    *poor diet and/or lack of exercise

The symptoms and causes tend to overlap so there is no real idea where or how it is triggered. Most things I’ve read say it is a prolonged period of stress and emotional trauma that triggers the “dormant” disorder.

The disorder hits in varrying degrees, and no two people with it will experience the same set of symptoms, or degree of symptoms. Diagnosing Fibromyalgia is difficult. They usually start by removing other possible problems from a very long list. There is no one diagnostic test. I don't know how many times over the years I was tested for Lyme Disease.

If you are looking for a personal experience of the disorder you can PM me. I'd rather not talk about it in public.

Blog Entries
    Thank you.

Hmmm, yes I read the symptoms, and over the years I have accumulated a lot of them, but I also shed many again through energy work or over time.

It is hard to say - I have a good tolerance for chronic pain. I avoided the dentist for years in spite of a decayed tooth. Somehow the chronic pain was more easily tolerable than going to the dentist and getting drilled.

If and only if the chronic tension and muscle/tendon/joint problems I had (psychosomatic causes, I assume) are sth close to that diagnosis, then my energy work is effective against that. But only then.

Because every damage I have in my body I could begin to reverse over time. Stiff, irritated muscles, tendons and tissues. Chronic pains. Joints out of alignment. Tension headaches.

So I don't know. Regardless of if I have it, it seems I have my symptoms under control...

Thanks,
    Oliver

Blog Entries
    And can you describe me the symptoms of fibromyalgia? Pretty please?
    Primarily chronic pain and fatigue, but it's a very strange syndrome. I get pain in really weird places and ways for no apparent reason (such as my feet will ache sometimes, when I haven't done anything to cause aching feet). My pain is mostly in the neck, shoulders, and back, but it can be anywhere.

The biggest sign of FMS is the presence of "tender points" in specific areas (head, neck, shoulders, back, hips, I think a couple others... backs of the knees and inner elbows, I think). Touch those spots, instant pain. Just thinking about it makes me kinda squeamish, actually...

The thing with FMS is that it's one of those "if nothing else is wrong, it might be this" kind of things. Except for the characteristic tender points (TPs), it could be a LOT of things, and you have to get loads of tests to rule out those other things...

I've also heard people say that if you have primarily fatigue and less pain, you get a Chronic Fatigue diagnosis, and if it's more pain and less fatigue, you get the FMS diagnosis. So, I dunno.

I do have a history of anxiety/panic disorder and post traumatic stress disorder and I didn't have any chronic pain or fatigue when those things were active. Once I got them under control, suddenly I get the pain and fatigue, which is what leads me to think they're related (and other researchers think the same thing).

Spend most of your life in constant "fight or flight" mode and it's bound to mess up some parts of your nervous system, unfortunately.

I'm kind of hoping that working with the energy will eventually give some degree of healing with this, actually. I don't know how/if energy work would heal the limbic system, but I'm hoping. In the meantime, the brainwave stuff does give a fair degree of relief for me, as does meditation.