Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: energy surges at forum

sono Guest
    Thanks for all the responses - funny, it doesn't seem to adversely affect the computer or microwave oven anymore; it used to, though! And a some years before I started anything like this, I couln't enter the kitchen without the kettle switching off - as a small child I used to say things like, "I wonder if the geyser will break down?" & sure enough, the element would blow (or whatever they do!) We went through several geysers until my mother threatened me with something dire (but she also blamed me for floods somewhere in Asia so maybe it was just coincidence) My "tour de force" was when I was newly married & we invited over a fairly famous Portuguese couple to a formal dinner. As we sat down at the table I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if this light bulb were to explode?" Which it promptly did - glass shards in all the food, in our hair, everywhere. . . they fled more than left, & refused my calls. Amusing now, but back then I was distraught. I can't "do" these things anymore (which is a pity when work meetings drag on!) & am so grateful to R Bruce for bringing me back to a mental/energy place i had sort of abandoned over the years.

I suppose all along it has been a matter of grounding.

It would be funny if you'd get the ability back and be able to say the things silently in your mind rather than out loud for everyone to hear. That would make it easier to end meetings at work without being blamed for the distraction.

What do you think about those wrist straps for grounding electrically for people who are working on repairing computers? I think they plug into the ground line on an electrical outlet, so it would only help over a limited range, but it would be there when you want to use your computer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    It would be funny if you'd get the ability back and be able to say the things silently in your mind rather than out loud for everyone to hear. That would make it easier to end meetings at work without being blamed for the distraction.
    Boy, you guys are in for the mischief, aren't you?

Oliver

sono Guest
    I've never actually seen of the wrist-straps you mention, must investigate. . . . . (This discussion has really turned out to be fun!)

Blog Entries
    Like this:

They are for removing static electricity so you cannot damage sensitive parts by sudden discharges of static. Static can have some quite dramatic voltage behind it with short jolts of current (never harmful, but it hurt a little bit).

The wrap is worn around the wrist, while the other side is connected to something providing grounding. That could be a wall mounted radiator, or the grounding/safety pins of a electric wall socket. But only do this if you know what part of the wall socket is what for absolutely sure.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Like this:

They are for removing static electricity so you cannot damage sensitive parts by sudden discharges of static. Static can have some quite dramatic voltage behind it with short jolts of current (never harmful, but it hurt a little bit).

The wrap is worn around the wrist, while the other side is connected to something providing grounding. That could be a wall mounted radiator, or the grounding/safety pins of a electric wall socket. But only do this if you know what part of the wall socket is what for absolutely sure.

Oliver
    When I used to work in electronics, we used to wear the straps all the time. Connecting the strap to anything metallic that is connected to earth ground is sufficient, you don't have to connect it to electric ground. In fact, doing so can be dangerous if there is any type of problem with wiring.
    Remember that when you have an electric connection, the electric ground gets connected to earth ground in the first place. In light of this, I offer the following warning:

Warning:
    If you decide to ground yourself for whatever reason, do not connect the strap to any electrical connection- instead connect it to anything metallic that is touching the 'ground', that is, the ground beneath your feet
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Triot Guest
    lol.. didn't know it could kill electrical equipment. You raise kundalini into your hands, then change the ram chips on you pc, and zap! the static
    charge in the hand kills the chip.

Blog Entries
    Touching the RAM chips of a PC is the most sure-fire for any person to kill them. Non-soldered, plug-in components are especially sensitive to any kind of static. Always wear a wrist-band or touch a wall-mounted radiator first.

RAM chips and graphics adapters are always the most sensitive components to static.

Oliver