Thread: Kundalini Books

Flash_hound Guest

Kundalini Books

Anyone have any suggestions for a good book on raising your Kundalini? I would be very appreciative .

Rhone Guest
    I would also like to hear suggestions for good Kundalini books.

Unfortunately, the only (supposed) Kundalini book I've read isn't one I would consider "good". Kundalini & The Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime. It's full of new age fluff and light, generic energy visualizations. I was thoroughly disappointed by it.

Chris_com28 Guest
    I have a really good book that explains the chakras and kundalini quite well. It's called Theories of the Chakras. I've read quite a bit about chakras in books and the Internet and this but is the best source of infromation I've found so far.
    As far as kundalini awakening goes it's also fairly good. It describes his own personal experiences of awakening, which is vital if you're going to write a book about how to awaken it. He also provides the reader with a lot of pranayama exercises. He describes excercises for the whole of the energy body, like stretching arms, legs, hands and feet. He also tells of the bandhas required for stimulation the Mulahudra for kundalini awakening.
    Basically a very abreviated version of his guide is stretch the limbs, do spinal stretches (for the sushumna) Mula bandha, pranayama & visualisation. Unless someone else makes a recomendation I would go with this book.
    It also goes into the old texts refering to chakra theory and tries to coroborate it with Traditional Chinese Medicine. Well worth buying in my opinion.

Rhone Guest
    Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. I'm intrigued by your description and the few reviews of it on amazon.com. I'll likely take a look at it when I get a chance.

jtowson Guest
    Robert Bruce is apparently working on a book on kundalini as well. I don't know when it's supposed to be out, but when it does, I'm definitely buying it!

boris Guest
    yeah im going to wait for Robert's work on kundalini, his methods cant be beat.

Chris_com28 Guest
    Your welcome, Rhone. I also found a book called Living With Kundalini. I haven't fully checked it out yet but it sounds as good as Theories of the Chakras.