Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dealing with blockages in energetic bodies (split from b.)

Blog Entries
    Hello, Sara, I think we are not talking about the same things.

I had a rather extraordinary meditation experience - call it a glimpse ahead. And I know thoughts are rather tangible things. I know emotion is rather tangible. They have sources. I have felt how thoughts derived from emotions (those spontaneous monkey mind thoughts), how they arose, came into my mind's focus and went away. I could clearly feel a vast sea of emotional energy that gave birth to these kind of thoughts. So, if you tune in to the right "frequency" thoughts and emotions are as real to you as now is the physicality surrounding you. But you must "tune in". There are different perspectives on you as an energetic being, different things to perceive. I tuned in to one where you can directly perceive thoughts and emotions as tangible, let's say as tangible as I can perceive my physical body now.

The two bodies you describe now are the physical and the etheric. The etheric is surrounding the physical, and is subtle and a lot less dense, mobile to a limited extent also, and the energetic support of the physical one. Take the difference between the two, take the difference and subtlety, and imagine (for the time being) having bigger, even more subtle bodies and you can imagine how the emotional and further bodies feel like. They are "hiding" behind the sensations you now get from the first two bodies, and awareness of them and their phenomena will grow the cleaner those first two bodies are - less irritation and interference from more dense sensations. They exist at higher frequencies and are harder to detect.

There are physical/etheric blockages. They have this bodily or energetic feeling about them. But also there are blockages at other levels. Like a mental body blockage. I have felt one of those - a thought pattern influencing my life. It felt abstract, mental, unreal - at the same time it had the same properties as a physical/etheric blockage - feelings of tension, unnaturality, of something not being right. It was more subtle. It is another kind of blockage, but the same phenomenon in another energy body. This can be learnt over time.

About the triggering: When an emotion is triggered in your system, energy gets relocated. This energy is transferred along the energetic channels. If such energy hits blockages, these get "triggered" - uncomfortable emotions arise. The normal process of energetic adaptation to your environment hits resistance. This resistance brings forward negative emotions, an expression of your internal resistance against change. This is what I meant with "interworkings of energy".

Finally, I know that blockages can resolve and reform. I suggest grounding the energy that results from dissolving a blockage. Draw it below your feet. This should aid making it stay gone. There are additional techniques if you are interested, but try if that helps first.

Good success,
    Oliver

bluebell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, Sara, I think we are not talking about the same things.
    Obviously not

I had a rather extraordinary meditation experience - call it a glimpse ahead. And I know thoughts are rather tangible things. I know emotion is rather tangible. They have sources. I have felt how thoughts derived from emotions (those spontaneous monkey mind thoughts), how they arose, came into my mind's focus and went away. I could clearly feel a vast sea of emotional energy that gave birth to these kind of thoughts. So, if you tune in to the right "frequency" thoughts and emotions are as real to you as now is the physicality surrounding you. But you must "tune in". There are different perspectives on you as an energetic being, different things to perceive. I tuned in to one where you can directly perceive thoughts and emotions as tangible, let's say as tangible as I can perceive my physical body now.
    So in your experience it is the emotion field -> thoughts. Mmm, interesting I will have to look more closely at this !! My own experience is just the contrary. You have had a very interesting experience indeed !! I have never perceived anyhting such as emotional field or tangible thoughts, but now I hope that my mind will open to this possibility. Very interesting, thanks

The two bodies you describe now are the physical and the etheric. The etheric is surrounding the physical, and is subtle and a lot less dense, mobile to a limited extent also, and the energetic support of the physical one. Take the difference between the two, take the difference and subtlety, and imagine (for the time being) having bigger, even more subtle bodies and you can imagine how the emotional and further bodies feel like. They are "hiding" behind the sensations you now get from the first two bodies, and awareness of them and their phenomena will grow the cleaner those first two bodies are - less irritation and interference from more dense sensations. They exist at higher frequencies and are harder to detect.
    Ok I need to learn to feel them then. Question here: is this like trying to feel the space around physical/etheric body but a little further? I will start with the emotional I think it´s more than enough for now. The "problem" I have is that all these things I have felt came espontaneously without looking for them, so I have no practice at all on how to look for them on purpose.

There are physical/etheric blockages. They have this bodily or energetic feeling about them. But also there are blockages at other levels. Like a mental body blockage. I have felt one of those - a thought pattern influencing my life. It felt abstract, mental, unreal - at the same time it had the same properties as a physical/etheric blockage - feelings of tension, unnaturality, of something not being right. It was more subtle. It is another kind of blockage, but the same phenomenon in another energy body. This can be learnt over time.
    Yes, I can believe what you say. Takes patience and practice. Grateful to hear first hand experience from somebody.

About the triggering: When an emotion is triggered in your system, energy gets relocated. This energy is transferred along the energetic channels. If such energy hits blockages, these get "triggered" - uncomfortable emotions arise. The normal process of energetic adaptation to your environment hits resistance. This resistance brings forward negative emotions, an expression of your internal resistance against change. This is what I meant with "interworkings of energy".
    Think I got it. Guess its difficult to understand only from intelect and no experience like you have. For example, I do not have a clear and consistent perception fo the energy channels (yet ) . Thanks.

Finally, I know that blockages can resolve and reform. I suggest grounding the energy that results from dissolving a blockage. Draw it below your feet. This should aid making it stay gone. There are additional techniques if you are interested, but try if that helps first.
    I think I first have to feel this energy, then dissolve it and then I can try this drawing thing. The dissolving experiences I have are "general" not so focused as you describe them. Need to distinguish more. Maybe I´m already feeling all this but I do not acknowledge it.

If it is a not too personal question to answer may you give a practical example of blockages you hace dissolved in mental or emotional or whatever body and how this has affected your day by day life? For example I did meditation retreat for 15 days last summer and had a view on anger that has naturally resulted in the fact that I have only gotten annoyed in my classes ONCE in the whole school year (I teach) which is something extraordinary! at least for my getting annoyed habits.

Good success,
    Oliver
    Thank you very much Korpo. I would like to know how long will your post stay so I can come and look at it again if I need to revise some of the information you give in it. I am going to keep in touch anyway and share my experience (and for sure ask more questions ).

Have a nice and happy day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebell
    So in your experience it is the emotion field -> thoughts. Mmm, interesting I will have to look more closely at this !! My own experience is just the contrary. You have had a very interesting experience indeed !! I have never perceived anyhting such as emotional field or tangible thoughts, but now I hope that my mind will open to this possibility. Very interesting, thanks
    Well, it is at least one source of thoughts. I think it is the idea of "monkey mind" thoughts. It is interesting, because I could perceive in this and a later session (from a different "angle") how thoughts arise and go and can derive from emotion.

This is the sort of spontaneous thought that tends to flood your brain when being emotionally aroused. For example when angry, and all this thoughts well up constantly - this is the kind of thought I mean here.

I think the "ego voice" is different from that. I perceived that, too.

Ok I need to learn to feel them then. Question here: is this like trying to feel the space around physical/etheric body but a little further? I will start with the emotional I think it´s more than enough for now. The "problem" I have is that all these things I have felt came espontaneously without looking for them, so I have no practice at all on how to look for them on purpose.
    Quite the same for me. Part of it is experience for me, and I fill in the blanks with book knowledge. The energy bodies reside in the same space, but each one is bigger. So, like the etheric's edges surround your physical body, your emotional field is even bigger, but also in the same place as the other.

I only have made indirect observations of the emotional and mental bodies. I have felt blockages in them, but have not had very much direct experience with them. Since blockages can overlap over many bodies (a mental issue interwoven with emotional issues slowly impacting your physical health would be an example), they can sometimes be felt indirectly. I'm trying to obtain a more direct way "there", but I have so much basic physical/etheric work to do... *sigh*

Yes, I can believe what you say. Takes patience and practice. Grateful to hear first hand experience from somebody.
    Oh, I was glad to hear of yours, too. Every piece for the puzzle helps.

Think I got it. Guess its difficult to understand only from intelect and no experience like you have. For example, I do not have a clear and consistent perception fo the energy channels (yet ) . Thanks.
    Neither do I - that's why I said "glimpse". I do not even know what state or body I was in, because all was feeling. Like a 3-dimensional touch extending into space.

It's a work in progress.

I think I first have to feel this energy, then dissolve it and then I can try this drawing thing. The dissolving experiences I have are "general" not so focused as you describe them. Need to distinguish more. Maybe I´m already feeling all this but I do not acknowledge it.
    On re-reading your original account it may be that you relate a very different experience, it was just so strange to find the same words all over used for my energy work.

I'd definitely like to hear about where you get to with these experiences, I personally think these glimpses ahead early in meditation can be very important and define the work we will do.

If it is a not too personal question to answer may you give a practical example of blockages you hace dissolved in mental or emotional or whatever body and how this has affected your day by day life? For example I did meditation retreat for 15 days last summer and had a view on anger that has naturally resulted in the fact that I have only gotten annoyed in my classes ONCE in the whole school year (I teach) which is something extraordinary! at least for my getting annoyed habits.
    Well, here it gets a bit tricky. It's hard to say.

I have observed the process of (partially?) resolving a mental blockage (a prejudice), but it was very spontaneous and uncontrolled, I could feel the result in my lower energy bodies. The strong amount of energy that flooded me as result kept me in need of releasing energy for several days - don't know why. It was a very strong experience.

What I mostly work with are physical/etheric blockages. They carry an emotional charge, their release removes body-stored emotions. I have become much calmer, less tense and less often angry since then. It's hard to remember how I was before.

I have still a lot of work left to do before I can continue working on emotional patterns directly. *sigh*

Thank you very much Korpo. I would like to know how long will your post stay so I can come and look at it again if I need to revise some of the information you give in it. I am going to keep in touch anyway and share my experience (and for sure ask more questions ).

Have a nice and happy day
    You, too.

These posts don't vanish, they remain accessible. Also we can discuss these topics and any news in other subforums here on the site. Almost nothing gets lost (sometimes we mods hit the wrong button when deleting spam, though ).

Oliver

bluebell Guest

thought / emotion sources

Well, it is at least one source of thoughts. I think it is the idea of "monkey mind" thoughts. It is interesting, because I could perceive in this and a later session (from a different "angle") how thoughts arise and go and can derive from emotion.

This is the sort of spontaneous thought that tends to flood your brain when being emotionally aroused. For example when angry, and all this thoughts well up constantly - this is the kind of thought I mean here.
    Have you tried seeing where these monkey thoughts come from? My experience with anger was: (from a perfect calm state, I was in a nice meditation session) noise from a door (not conciously registered) + memory -> thought -> physical reaction -> thought -> more physical. etc. until I was aware that "I am angry, why?" and realised how it had all come "out of the blue" meaning no REAL reason for it. Unaware sensory perceptions may trigger a lot of movements in our mind/emotion/physical fields (the body concept sounds too personal, so I´ll call them fields). So you are right, you may tune with one aspect of the manifestation of the process or another. Very interesting. I will try a change of tune in my next meditation session.

I think the "ego voice" is different from that. I perceived that, too.
    How do you perceive the ego voice?

Quite the same for me. Part of it is experience for me, and I fill in the blanks with book knowledge. The energy bodies reside in the same space, but each one is bigger. So, like the etheric's edges surround your physical body, your emotional field is even bigger, but also in the same place as the other.

I only have made indirect observations of the emotional and mental bodies. I have felt blockages in them, but have not had very much direct experience with them. Since blockages can overlap over many bodies (a mental issue interwoven with emotional issues slowly impacting your physical health would be an example), they can sometimes be felt indirectly. I'm trying to obtain a more direct way "there", but I have so much basic physical/etheric work to do... *sigh*
    But then you do perceive quite clearly the blockages so you do perceive these bodies. Maybe try a slight change in focus? Maybe you too much interested in blockages? (I am ssuming that indirect for u means feeling the blockages)

Neither do I - that's why I said "glimpse". I do not even know what state or body I was in, because all was feeling. Like a 3-dimensional touch extending into space.

It's a work in progress.
    Indeed !! That's one of the reasons why we are born in this world

On re-reading your original account it may be that you relate a very different experience, it was just so strange to find the same words all over used for my energy work.
    Yes, b/c I was trying to get some help to understand these basic units ... Could you tell more about your energy work? The feeling I have is that you focus more on the energy and I am more in the mental process. I never try to feel energy when I meditate, my focus is on bringing more clarity to mind by watching what happens there so I look at phyisical and other movements all as objects of the mind (only they have different manifestations). So there is a mind space that you watch and label anything that appears, whether a sound, a tohught, etc. and make no difference in them.

Well, here it gets a bit tricky. It's hard to say.

I have observed the process of (partially?) resolving a mental blockage (a prejudice), but it was very spontaneous and uncontrolled, I could feel the result in my lower energy bodies. The strong amount of energy that flooded me as result kept me in need of releasing energy for several days - don't know why. It was a very strong experience.

What I mostly work with are physical/etheric blockages. They carry an emotional charge, their release removes body-stored emotions. I have become much calmer, less tense and less often angry since then. It's hard to remember how I was before.

I have still a lot of work left to do before I can continue working on emotional patterns directly. *sigh*
    Yes, energy releases ARE very strong when they happen. I am now observing my behaviour and mental processes to detect if things have really changed or it was just a momentary release.

That´s nice if you cannot remember how it was before sounds like real work is goign there !!! Good !!!

For me now it feels that the real resolution of blockages is further than the dense bodies ... Somewhere out there in a remote mental space related to "me" that is not exactly "me".

CF told me this thread is going to be moved to "Expanding awareness" forum, so maybe other people join this conversation. I would really like to learn more about your dissolving energy work. I suggested a name for the thread something like "Blockage work on energy bodies" maybe you have a suggestion for the name of thread??

I'm delighted with this forum

Have a beautiful day with clarity of mind and joy

Sara.