Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breathing in energy work ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise43
    I'm also trying to just notice things. One thing I've noticed is I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and I felt a small pocket of tension at the top of my right leg. Would these be energy blockages?
    Hello, Lou.

Tension and blockage are practically synonyms.

The shoulders are typically where we "wear the burden of the world". Typical stress-storage places in your body are shoulder, neck, jaw.

Oliver

i tend to have a problem where I need to control my breath, i can't just let my breath go. it causes some tension in my throat and stomach when i breath out all the air and it feels like i'm underwater and must breath. so energy work is tough since i'm doing 2 things at once. also this is interfering with my trance state. does anyone have any advice for this?

btw i breath with my belly and it expands out and down, this is i read the correct way to breath

Blog Entries
    Then use it for mind taming. If you've got your total attention on your breath, this is keeping you from having verbal thoughts, and this is a good thing.
    also this is interfering with my trance state
    In what way?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Why do you think you need to press out all your breath like that? Breath out as much as is comfortable. That's enough.

In the long run if something is tense it should loosen, but give it time.

Oliver

In what way?
    because while i'm trying to do the falling down technique, at the same time i have to control my breath. yes i can clear my mind very easily now, but now i can't seem to let my breath just be.

i hope that in time the tension goes away and i can enter trance.. but i'm eager to start doing energy work in trance state haha

Blog Entries
    You are correct on abdominal breathing, it is the way to go. How do you observe your breath?

You know, observing your breath is a good way for entering a trance. Do not force the breath, observe it, stay with it. I find it very relaxing and trance-inducing to watch my abdominal muscles go in and out with breath. It is so relaxing you have to watch out you don't fall straight asleep.

However, anything that can send you to sleep can also induce a trance... The key is not forcing anything, but to let go. You cannot force yourself into a trance, and fixating on a technique is not the way to go either. Drop what does not work and switch technique until something works.

What worked for me? Monroe Focus 10 tapes, also the post-hypnotic cues given when entraining Focus 10. So I did count myself into Focus 10 without a Monroe tape later on because of the entrainment effect. I could do that anywhere, sometimes in really deep trances even in a public location like on a train.

Breathing troubles could be sorted out separately as well, while not trying to get everything right at once. If you train the elements seperately to a good degree of skill, assembling them into a combined exercise is easier.

Oliver

thank you Oliver.

i observe my breath by feeling it enter my nose and go down my throat and into my lungs. like an inner awareness. i see what you're saying about trying different techniques, ill see what works best for me. as for the breath, i'm sure in time i will be able to let go. since i started, i'm able to stay in the 'inbetween breaths moments' for longer periods of time without gettin tension, so that is definetely improvement