Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A meditation.

A meditation.

From time to time, I have practiced various meditation techniques. Here is one I have been playing with recently...
    I welcome life... I welcome death... I surrender...
    I repeat these short phrases with my eyes closed, while sitting comfortably...

nparker Guest

Re: A meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    From time to time, I have practiced various meditation techniques. Here is one I have been playing with recently...
    And..? What have to do with Energy Work thematics..? Apologize my ignorance... anyway... but it seems a bit off topic.

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker

Re: A meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by nparker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    And..? What have to do with Energy Work thematics..? Apologize my ignorance... anyway... but it seems a bit off topic.

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker
    Discuss energy work with traditional forms also: Qigong, tai chi, martial arts, yoga.
    What could be more traditional than meditation?

This couldn't be more on topic. Results from the meditation include dropping away negative energy and gaining access to stronger forms of positive energy.

nparker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    This couldn't be more on topic. Results from the meditation include dropping away negative energy and gaining access to stronger forms of positive energy.
    I recognize my error..! Apologies again...

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker

sash Guest
    I've found more important than repeating this, is feeling it and being aware of those things from moment to moment. That seems to free up and let go of a lot of negative energy.

Warm Regards,
    Sasha

I recognize my error..! Apologies again...
    No problem. Perhaps what I wrote would be more appropriate in Psychic and Spiritual Development and Experiences. But it seemed reasonably connected with energy work, etc. to me.

In any event, I had just gotten a (virtually free) DVD telling about the Sedona method,) and was thinking about what I saw.

(I think one can actually watch it -- or at least part of it -- online as well...)

In any event, I came up with the idea of using some of it as a meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by sash
    I've found more important than repeating this, is feeling it and being aware of those things from moment to moment. That seems to free up and let go of a lot of negative energy.
    I agree. The Sedona Method isn't about meditation. They explicitly state that. But I thought it might be helpful, anyway.

It is about energy and access to energy and my teacher told me so. I was surprised to hear something so profound on these forums, really.

nparker Guest
    Sasha
    Since some thoughts are depressing and engage ourselves in a vicious circle (feedback type inner process mechanics) of more and more depression leading sometimes to suicidal attitude, then done the fact about the assertion "thoughts are energy and done its quality then so is how they affect to us", then, meditation is advisable in order to clean them from our mind. This leads to a negative energy cleanup... then Meditation is Energy Work subject related and Sophroniscus's opinion related to suitability of Energy Work Forum versus Psychic and Spiritual Evolution Forum, if valid, nevertheless, shows us how a topic has ubiquitous concerns.

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker

Sasha
    Since some thoughts are depressing and engage ourselves in a vicious circle (feedback type inner process mechanics) of more and more depression leading sometimes to suicidal attitude, then done the fact about the assertion "thoughts are energy and done its quality then so is how they affect to us", then, meditation is advisable in order to clean them from our mind. This leads to a negative energy cleanup...
    I'm not sure how to interpret all of this. Such is the ambiguity of life...

I suppose it is possible that almost anything can generate negative feedback, especially if it is repeated over and over. This would seem to be true of meditation, no less than anything else.

If something is good and helpful, then I say, do it. But when a practice creates some sort of negative feedback, then maybe it's time for a break...