Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A meditation.

star Guest
    Well, you can't say that not everyone is different. perhaps the repitition is quite helpful for many.

Oh, one thing... The Sedona Method stresses that one shouldn't use it to try to do something one can't really do. So if welcoming life is difficult, one should welcome it as much as you can. The same would be true for death and surrender.

tyciol Guest
    Surrender sounds kind of negative... even give in does. I prefer phrasing such as let go, if you're going to do an absence sort of meditation. Focusing on swimming in the waves, rather than leaving the land. After all, we do plan to come back to it don't we? I don't welcome death, for one, but I would like to abandon concerning myself over it over every second, or such stress would only accelerate it. Comfort in security.

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    Surrender sounds kind of negative... even give in does. I prefer phrasing such as let go, if you're going to do an absence sort of meditation. Focusing on swimming in the waves, rather than leaving the land. After all, we do plan to come back to it don't we? I don't welcome death, for one, but I would like to abandon concerning myself over it over every second, or such stress would only accelerate it. Comfort in security.
    What seems negative to one, is negative in his estimation. I would not suggest that you do anything negative.

I would suggest that surrender may be positive, when it is motivated by a positive desire. Thus one might surrender to one's beloved.

But what would I know of such things? You may be right.

If you let go of something negative then it will fade away. If you let go of something positive, it will increase. This is because the good qualities are part of who you really are and the bad qualities are temporary stains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    If you let go of something negative then it will fade away. If you let go of something positive, it will increase. This is because the good qualities are part of who you really are and the bad qualities are temporary stains.
    It seems to work that way for me.

tyciol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    I would suggest that surrender may be positive, when it is motivated by a positive desire. Thus one might surrender to one's beloved.
    In that case, you give yourself to them, give yourself to be in their care, but surrender? What battle are we fighting among those we love?

In that case, you give yourself to them, give yourself to be in their care, but surrender? What battle are we fighting among those we love?
    But what would I know of such things? You may be right.

tyciol Guest
    But you WERE right though, I just have an apprehensive discomfort with some words so I'm overtechnical about em.

But you WERE right though, I just have an apprehensive discomfort with some words so I'm overtechnical about em.
    No one has ever lived more technical than, myself...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast