Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: "Inner Dissolving" - Working with emotions

Blog Entries
    Only at his website - http://www.energyarts.com/ - not even Amazon or any major retailer in the US has them. All DVDs, CDs and tapes are orderable there.

Oliver

great,thanks Oliver.
    what a quick response!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries
    Recently I had to remind myself (again ) of one of the key ideas about the Dissolving Process: Soft and relaxed works best.

I had worked myself hard for several days in energy work, and on top of normal stress I did not seem to make progress. At first I had made tremendous progress, but I had basically forced things to conclusion. I was stuck.

I was mentally fatigued, had too little sleep, was really tired. I sat down.

I just touched on the blockage with my awareness, nothing more. I only intended to breathe deeply and let my mind go loose a little. The feeling in the blockage (neck muscles) changed to somewhat liquid - I did not really try to manipulate it. I oversaw that actually "Ice to Water" had happened. Then it dissolved swiftly and quickly. I was perplexed. It was so effortlessly easy!

I thought my progress had been halted by mental fatigue and tiredness, but within a quarter hour I found, layer by layer, that I could dissolve most of the muscles on the back of my neck with little effort, which had seemed undoable before. And in my lower back, too!

I realised I had forced my way before and had paid the price: Where you force, the tissue tightens. This means less energy flow and impairs the Dissolving Process. By forcing my way I had brought my energy work to a halt.

I keep on forgetting that. Somehow "Soft is more, strong is less" keeps on slipping my mind - it seems counter-intuitive in our competitive, harsh, stress-inducing environment. But Dissolving is the root of relaxation, the return of awareness into the body, and therefore soft works better than hard - by far!

As I focussed my awareness on my sore, strained neck muscles. I could feel live pulse into the blocked areas and the muscles unwind. I went on and on, seemingly without effort.

At the same time my mind untensed, I felt fresh energy within me, and while still knowing I was tired could finish my day in better mood and with more energy. The progress I made on my neck muscles was tremendous that day, I was really surprised.

What I also tried yesterday night was this: I lay down on my bed for energy work in the dark, donned my headphones and listened to "Hemi-Sync Meditation". These three things - the HemiSync, the dark and the energy work helped each other in untensing the mind. I always do better when meditating in the dark, which might help the clairsentience? I kept the HemiSync rather quiet, but I could clearly hear the HemiSync binaural pulse like I always do when I "tune in" the tape. I guess I can recommend that.

Good success,
    Oliver

Akorah Guest
    I remember reading about this on the main site, but it was in regards to psychic defense. Robert Bruce was saying that if you have a neg attached to you then simply putting your awareness on it will make it release.

I thought it was worth mentioning of the Huna technique for eliminating blockages.. Huna is an ancient Hawaiian religion/magickal practice, the technique they use to dissolve blockages is to use intuition (or a pendulum) to work out if the blockage was caused by an event in their past or past life. You then think about where your timeline lays i.e. most people think of the past as being on the left, the future on the right (although some don't see it that way at all).. but you look down your timeline then rise above it looking down on yourself, look back to where the event took place on the timeline and float towards that point looking down at the situation and viewing what happened. Now this is the important part... You then go slightly forward on the timeline and go down into the moment after the event to take the learnings you received from the tragic event, float back up and go to the moment before the event took place and give yourself the learnings.

It is quite hard to explain in writing but is a great way to clear blockages in your past and past life. Past life blockages are usually associated with bad genetic traits.. I healed my asthma using this technique.. I found that it was caused in a past life where i was killed by a sword blade going through my chest.

Blog Entries
    I found an even simpler description of the process:

Active waiting.

What you do is to find the energy construct you want to dis- and resolve. Stay aware of it and just wait. Keep your awareness on it. If your awareness wavers, breathe into it to renew awareness.

Stay with it after it becomes unfrozen to release the energy deeply. If you encounter inner space where the blockage was, stay for a while within it to possibly uncover an underlying, deeper issue.

During this process thoughts, images, memories, basically all kinds of sensations can come up. Ignore them (you don't have to suppress them) and stay with the underlying energy until it dissolves.

When you feel like you make no progress, scan further downward for more blockages and move the energy there.

At the end of the meditation drop the energy in your Lower Dantien or below your feet.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Follow this to a feeling of letting go, of releasing, possibly of emptiness, of calm. Rest in that feeling. Either now a deeper layer of emotions comes visible, or that emptiness and release stays, or you have an experience. All of that is okay. Many, many different things can now happen, every mind is different.
    This technique is a favorite of mine and I think it is one of the most effective techniques. To encourage others to try it I want to describe what happend to me during a session.

I was deliberately arising an emotion that had been on the back of my mind for some time. It was a kind of fear... don't worry I won't go into details, they are not important anyway.

I let the fear arise and observed how my mind responded, how images appeared, how half forgotten memories were called from years ago, how my mind suddenly started - in addition to expressing fear - to judge itself and it's reactions and it's seeming inability to solve the problem. A I few times I fought boredom, that for some reasons sometimes arises in response to strong emotions in my mind. I knew the boredome would have dissolved the fear but I wanted to keep the energy of the emotion.

Then, all of a sudden, I had a vision. It was not a visual vision but a sudden impression of an expansion. Of an infinite space, stillness and an intense beauty. And longing. Not longing FOR beauty, space and stillness, but the longing was as much part of the state as the rest was. Another aspect of that experience.

Some of you probably recognize this state from own experiences or from reading about it in books. Osho, for example, mentions it. The important thing here is that this meditative state was not initiated by focusing on breath or any other famous technique but by a so-called "negative" emotion, namely fear. So I wonder, how can something that leads to it be "wrong" or "negative" as so many "teachers" try to convince us?

Blog Entries
    Fear is the way we find out something's wrong. It's not the feeling itself, but a warning system for finding out what the problem is. If we never felt fear, we wouldn't be around, our ancestors would have all been eaten by sabertoothed tigers or other predators.
    It's when the fear is indulged in and becomes the focus of our lives is when the problem starts.
    I think that fear isn't 'wrong', it's just not fun to feel. But it's a tool for survival, and as you know, some 'masters' want us to unattach ourselves to any tool for survival, even love.
    So, as I've said before, depends who you ask.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Some of you probably recognize this state from own experiences or from reading about it in books. Osho, for example, mentions it. The important thing here is that this meditative state was not initiated by focusing on breath or any other famous technique but by a so-called "negative" emotion, namely fear. So I wonder, how can something that leads to it be "wrong" or "negative" as so many "teachers" try to convince us?
    Bruce Frantzis explains it like this:

The negative emotion is an energetic conflict within ourselves, where energy does not flow freely. As you make the energy flow again, the negative qualities start to disappear. When you stay with the energy, you start to dissolve it more and more.

The process for a negative emotion is "Ice to water, water to space." Whereby "ice" is the non-fluid state, where energy movement is blocked. When you can make it liquid again, you have reached "water". Energy is flowing, but not released. It has not attained the neutral quality, it has still aspects attached to it that allow it to recongeal and freeze. It is relaxation, not total release.

If you now stay with the energy, with a concentrated but relaxed mind, the energy dissolves into "space", a feeling of inner space, of the vastness within. The spot expands. You have uncovered a part of your self. Sometimes, if you stay with that space a full release into "emptiness" happens. The energy refines into "consciousness without content".

What you experienced is not a function of the negative emotion you worked with. What you experienced is the state of a more pure consciousness which is blocked out by the negative emotion. This is closer to your original state, a more natural state of being beyond the workings of the ego.

Staying with the breath is a tool to induce better body awareness. It is a good way to get in touch with energies, relax them, keep continuously aware without spacing out and expanding awareness over time into every edge of your body. It also has grounding properties, IMO.

If you are interested in a bit more explanation about "releasing into emptiness" like you experienced I can recommend "The Great Stillness" by Bruce Frantzis. It should help put a context to your experience.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Fear is the way we find out something's wrong. It's not the feeling itself, but a warning system for finding out what the problem is. If we never felt fear, we wouldn't be around, our ancestors would have all been eaten by sabertoothed tigers or other predators.
    It's when the fear is indulged in and becomes the focus of our lives is when the problem starts.
    I think that fear isn't 'wrong', it's just not fun to feel. But it's a tool for survival, and as you know, some 'masters' want us to unattach ourselves to any tool for survival, even love.
    So, as I've said before, depends who you ask.
    I agree to everything you wrote. I also recall a time during my teens when no "negative" emotions arose inside my mind. At first it was amusing to not feel fear any more, even when I should have. Or to not loose control because of getting angry. But after a few months I realized that something was missing, that I was not complete. Also, emotions like ambition can be extremely usefull when learning for an exam. And not to forget showing some emotions, even so-called "negative" ones are expected by those around us. I had to purposefully let anger arise for my daughter some years ago because I saw she didn't understand it when people became angry or when she, herself, became angry. I think she lacked her mother's example regarding this.

Also, I think that there is a difference to not being attached to an emotion (or anything at that) and no emotion arising in one's mind. If we say "this mind state is better than that one" we attach to the "better" one. We judge, we prefer. This is, IMO, a sign for attachment. If fully detached, only Witnessing, there is no preference, no judgement.

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Bruce Frantzis explains it like this:

The negative emotion is an energetic conflict within ourselves, where energy does not flow freely. As you make the energy flow again, the negative qualities start to disappear. When you stay with the energy, you start to dissolve it more and more.
    I am not sure how "negative" is defined in this. For example, if the energy of the emotions adds to my purposes, like in ambition helping for an exam, or anger helping when attacked, or fear when running from a tiger - how can it be called "negative"?

Isn't an emotion only negative if it is counterproductive, not in our control? And if yes, isn't it then the emotion's "fault" but ours?

The process for a negative emotion is "Ice to water, water to space." Whereby "ice" is the non-fluid state, where energy movement is blocked. When you can make it liquid again, you have reached "water". Energy is flowing, but not released. It has not attained the neutral quality, it has still aspects attached to it that allow it to recongeal and freeze. It is relaxation, not total release.
    Thank you for the explanation and the reference.

What you experienced is not a function of the negative emotion you worked
    with.
    I understand. But it's existance lead to the experience. I am not sure but I actually think it was the concentration and the observation. The point of focus and the object of observation themselves seem irrelevant. What do you think?

What you experienced is the state of a more pure consciousness which is blocked out by the negative emotion. This is closer to your original state, a more natural state of being beyond the workings of the ego.
    I do not understand. In my case the "space"-experience was not a substitution. There was no emotional change during it. I mean, the fear was still there and influencing my mind. The experience happend simultaniously and the two didn't seem to influence each other.

Staying with the breath is a tool to induce better body awareness. It is a good way to get in touch with energies, relax them, keep continuously aware without spacing out and expanding awareness over time into every edge of your body. It also has grounding properties, IMO.
    Nothing wrong with this technique. I just think one can use what is there. When there are emotions one can use them. If to stay with the breath one has to first fight the emotions it is less efficient. But when there are no emotions, well, breath is always there

If you are interested in a bit more explanation about "releasing into emptiness" like you experienced I can recommend "The Great Stillness" by Bruce Frantzis. It should help put a context to your experience.
    Yes, I am. Thank you for the reference. Does Bruce Frantzis give this experience a name? I feel a bit silly calling it "space experience" - sounds so SciFi

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast