Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
my experiences with it left me thinking that we don't really know what it's about. They could be archetypes, transdimensional entities (why not?) interplanetary visitors, whatever- They seem to be something different to everyone, and I don't even know if we will ever figure this out.
I know some people that have made it their lifes work to investigate UFOs/aliens and in their words putting a hard answer to it is an elusive goal. Many long term investigators do drift towards the paranormal as an explanation but add to that the accounts from a good number of people who although they believe their experiences to be a nuts and bolts episode also go on to develop psychic abilities. So both bases covered...
I have seen a good variety of shapes including the popular grays, at one time we were working with another group of people and they contacted us to say that we would get a visit from some grays shortly and they said they had a 'healing' orientation and were somewhat inquisitive. Sure enough... This all happened at a paranormal level.
At that time there were also some other types about but of course is all somewhat anecdotal. Oddly they seem to have specific roles.

But I agree with Mr. Burns as well, a lot of archetypes in different cultures mean the same thing... Another one would be Isis, Mother Mary, the Divine Feminine. They may be different stories but they represent the same thing to our subconsious.
This might be of interest albeit with somewhat of an alternate skew.
http://www.nccg.org/164Art-Nimrod.html