Personally the only thing I have ever found that remotely brings about energy sensations in my body to be tactile imaging. But I hear people say from time to time about using mantra as part of energy work. Frankly I don’t understand this one bit. Unless you believe there is some inherent power in a mantra (which I don’t) how else would mantras help? Besides even if there were some supernatural power resident in a mantra I read unless one receives them directly from his/her guru, that if one takes them from books they are completely useless. My understanding of mantras is that they are useful as a focus for meditation to dispel unwanted thoughts. How can they help in raising and directing energy? I know to engage in energy work requires deep relaxation for which meditation can be helpful (among other things) but some people claim that mantra in itself helps in raising vaster amounts of energy and registering it more easily, unfortunately they never gave a detailed explanation. So I wish to know what part exactly does mantra have to play in the direct manipulation of energies? Does anyone here use mantras as part of their practice? If so how exactly? Any feedback is appreciated.