Thread: 5 flat discs

sono Guest

5 flat discs

Sorry, me again - I had a very vivid dream last night about having to transmute 5 round, flat objects (like discs) into water. (I have recently started studying Magick via an course on the web, & working with the Elements, so I suppose that would have something to do with it) At one point I climbed a tree & dropped off a branch into a pool of clear, bright blue water. I was supposed to prepare these discs & give them to someone as a gift.
    I have googled "5 discs" and came to a Tarot representation of worry, financial troubles, etc - all of which are true, but there was a very numinous quality to the dream as well. Would anyone care to comment, please?

Blog Entries
    You are away that in Hermetic magic there are five elements, also in Taoist Qigong there are five (different ones), too.

The Hermetic ones describe the makeup of everything, the Taoist ones the cycle of life.

That you transmute them to water may mean that the Water element needs to be more present in your life. If you look it up (perhaps you'll find something here: http://bardon.dnsalias.net/CommentariesLinks.html), you may find out something more about the characteristics of the Water element.

You remember what I sent you about meditation? This school is called "Water tradition", because problems get dissolved and a natural fluid, flowing state is recreated by letting go.

In both Chinese and Western traditions Water represents the winter.

In the birth and nurturing cycle, water spawns wood
    (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_%...cal_element%29)

So, you dropped a branch in the water?

Water represents the state things are born from - because after the winter (Water) comes the spring (Wood).

In Hermetic thought the Duality of Fire and Water is the driving force of the Universe, the source of life and action.

Tell us a little more about what you want to accomplish with magick, what you study, and about your feelings in the dream. You said "numinous" - it sounds joyful.

Take good care,
    Oliver

sono Guest
    Hi Oliver!

First, thanks for such a prompt response. . .btw, I dropped FROM a branch (& landed on my behind) in a little pool of water(I didn't drop a branch itself)
    As regards what I want to accomplish by studying Magick - I'd say it was a matter of wanting to be able to control my "self" in all aspects, & to reach a greater understanding of "how things really are" I'm not at all into trying to "make things happen" or control other beings (although I really could use a huge gift of cash from the Universe!!) Lately I have been thinking that the highest form of "religion" seems to be Magick, in its highest sense (or am I really off course now?)
    Yet recently as I opened the Bhagavad Gita my eye fell on the sloka: "What use is all this knowledge to you? Simply surender to me" or words to that effect, for what it's worth . . . . lately I find all I can honestly say about anything and everything is "I don't know". A few years ago I was so sure!!??

Blog Entries
    The knowledge of the Universe comes by making space for it. When you create an empty spot in your mind, a space, room for more, the Universe will provide. Underneath you know already.

About control... Control and fear go hand in hand. You need a certain control, but beyond that I don't know. I don't think that control is ultimately the way to go. Love and faith include surrender, and they overcome fear by removing the sense of importance of it. Fear is just another emotion.

You do not need to "control a being" to manifest what you need in your life. Picture yourself as having enough to have your basic needs satisfied and to be happy about it. Visualise that feeling of security as fully as you can. Put that into your energy field. Sometimes we crave wealth, but the true wealth is to have enough and to know it to be true. Let go off what addicts you to wealth, be open for the outcome, let wealth come to you in any way beneficial.

If the financial situation is not part of what you need to learn, a solution might just pop up out of nowhere. Yesterday I was lacking money to do something without going into debt. While I pondered this a friend sent me an email that she will repay me a debt of the needed amount right now when I need it. I would not have asked for it, I'm shy about reclaiming a debt.

Is Magic the ultimate form of belief? Anything that helps you comprehend and take into your heart the nature of spirit and makes you grow is the right way. And good Magick does this. So it is one of the ways, and when you feel comfortable with it deep down, then by all means go for it.

Take good care,
    Oliver

sono Guest
    Hi again, Oliver - yes, I know that control & fear are opposite sides of the same coin - also, violence is part of that attempt to control . . . I suppose i didn't choose my words very well Thanks for the pointers in the right direction, I know I can be a bit negative!